Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 28, 2006 -> 05:23 PM)
Exhibit #41899083432 why the NCAA is a joke:

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky/sport...ll/13723546.htm

The stuff schools like tOSU, Michigan, Kentucky, Kansas, UNC, etc get away with is obnoxious.

I don't see anything in that article that would be defined as "getting away with".

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 28, 2006 -> 08:07 PM)
I wasn't expecting him to come back, but now it's official. 

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2309721

Losing DJ really hurt. I really feel that this team with him was a legit Sweet 16 team with a chance to make a run at the Final Four. Without him, my best guess is they are legit to make a run at the Sweet 16, but that is probably the end of the line. Matchups of course could change that slightly.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 28, 2006 -> 01:21 PM)
I thought Kansas looked better than they have this year but does Iowa St. have a coach?  It looks like they are playing street ball out there.

We have a guy that recruits. At this point I'd be more than happy with an assistant - head coach swap, where Morgan would go back to assistant and Archibald became head coach, but that's just unrealistic.

At least I have 06-07 to look forward to.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Jan 28, 2006 -> 02:26 PM)
I think the 0-16 stat is supposed to be, Penn State at MSU.

The other is over all.

But honestly im so frustrated with the fact the refs forgot to put in their contacts.

Alright I wasn't sure, thanks for clarifying. Me and my bro just looked at each other like WTF???

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Jan 28, 2006 -> 02:31 PM)
Were you watching WCIU or ESPN 2?

Cause WCIU put up a similar stat and I thought thats what I heard.

I'm on WCIU and I was only half paying attention so it very well could have been 0-16 @ MSU

Only consolation from the Michigan loss is MSU already had dropped one there, so now the teams are back where everyone thought originally (most had Wisconsin and MSU winning at Michigan).

Now the question is, will Michigan win at home against any of the following: OSU, Indiana, or Illinois.

Michigan could prove to be a real wildcard for the rest of the Big 10 season.

Wisconsin just has to play with more urgency quicker, its nice to see that they dont give up and they get pissed about losing, but where was at that fire at 15 or 10 minutes left?

They have a real problem on the road at getting complacent.

Cant wait for Michigan to come to the Kohl Center, have a feeling that its gonna be pretty obnoxious there.

Wisconsin fans are anything but classy, but its not about making friends either.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Jan 28, 2006 -> 04:09 PM)
Watch out for the Jayhawks, Rush , Robinson and Chalmers are sick together.

We may actually be ranked this week....nah not yet.

Rush is damn good. Hopefully he keeps the agent after this year.

ISU and KU should be duking it out in the north next year.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Jan 28, 2006 -> 04:09 PM)
Watch out for the Jayhawks, Rush , Robinson and Chalmers are sick together.

We may actually be ranked this week....nah not yet.

You clearly are the 2nd best team in your league, although I'm not quite sure what that means this year. Also, Matt Painter has NOTHING on his roster, yet has them playing hard....they kept it close at Indy, only down 8 at the half at The Hall tonight, I give him credit.