AND THATS A WHITE SOX PLAYOFF WINNER

SoxRock192

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 12:58 AM)
By the way, random note...did anyone see me on tv last night.  I did an interview with ABC (Chicago affiliate) I think after the game by the dugout.

Yeah, sure, I caught that. You looked like an ass. :P

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 12:58 AM)
By the way, random note...did anyone see me on tv last night.  I did an interview with ABC (Chicago affiliate) I think after the game by the dugout.

I was contacted by an ABC reporter who wanted to do an interview with me.

I told her I wasn't news, but she could talk to me in 4 more wins.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Oct 16, 2005 -> 10:31 PM)
I was contacted by an ABC reporter who wanted to do an interview with me.

I told her I wasn't news, but she could talk to me in 4 more wins.

They asked me a question about the Cubs and If I'm worried because the Cubs had 3 wins and were a win from the series and couldn't get it. I responded with, were not the Cubs. We have our best pitcher, Jose Contreras on the mound tomorrow, and the best pitching staff in baseball behind him.

They than asked me a few more stuff but I totally forgot what I said, they kept bringing up Cubs stuff and I flat out ignored it and tried to talk up the club and just said how sweet it is that they are a win away from there first WS since 59 and at the time 5 away from their first world series championship since 1917.

No idea, if they actually used the interview or not. I know we got on on Fridays game in the group of Sox fans that were cheering our asses off.

I JUST WANNA YELL OUT A BIGFAT "HOLY COW" IN MEMORY OF HARRY CARRY! I OWE EVERY OUNCE OF ENERGY TO JIMMY PIERSALL & HARRY CARRY! ALSO THANK YOU KW! YOU ARE THE FIRST GM WITH A COMPLETE DEDICATION TO BUILDING A WS WINNER! THIS IS FOR THE DIEHARDS! GROUP HUG EVERYBODY! THE MEMORIES WILL LAST FOREVER! I HAVE GONE TO EVERY SERIES IN ANAHEIM SINCE 1992. WE LOST OR TIED EACH OF THEM. & NOW WE WALK AWAY WITH THE MOST IMPORTANT SWEEP! GOD BLESS THIS TEAM! THE DIEHARDS! THOSE WHO MADE THE TRIP AND PARTIED BEHIND THE DUGOUT FOR 3. HAVE A GREAT TRIP BACK TO CHICAGO! THE PARTY LASTED FOR 1:30 AND IT DIDNT LET UP! GOD BLESSED THAT WAS THE BEST PARTY I HAVE EVER ATTENDED! SHOOK HANDS WITH BIG FRANK BEFORE THE GAME. MB TOSSED MY WIFE A BASEBALL! I LOVE THIS TEAM!

THERE IS A GOD!!!!!!!!

4 MORE WINS!

4 MORE WINS!!

4 MORE WINS!!!

4 MORE WINS!!!!

I DON'T CARE IF IT'S HOUSTON OR ST. LOUIS.THE SOX ARE GONNA TEAR THEM APART!!!!!!!!

GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a story to tell my kids, grandkids, other people's kids, homeless people, etc. for the rest of my life.

I watched innings 1-8 on a three inch television for about three hours on the bus from Chicago to Champaign.

Got back in time to watch the bottom of the 8th till' we popped the corks!

I was on the phone with my dad for the final three outs of the game. I wanted to expierence that with him moreso than any other Sox fan combined. He was four years old in 59'--too young to really remember the magic--and he was the man responsible for making me the Sox fan I am today. It was really one of those moments frozen in time that I will never forget for as long as I live.

OUR Chicago White Sox are heading to the World Series.

The Chicago White Sox are headed to the World Series.

The Chicago White Sox are headed to the World Series.

...pinch me.

LET'S GO, GO-GO WHITE SOX

Let's go, Go-Go White Sox

We're with you all the way

You're always in there fighting and you do your best

We're glad to have you out here in the middle west

We're gonna root root root root White Sox

And cheer you on to victory

When we're in the stands we'll make those rafters ring

All through the season you will hear us sing

Chicago is proud of you

White Sox

White Sox

Go, go White Sox

Root root root for the White Sox

We'll cheer you on to victory

Chicago is proud of you

White Sox

White Sox

Go, go White Sox

Chicago is proud of you

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 11:10 AM)
LET'S GO, GO-GO WHITE SOX

We're with you all the way

You're always in there fighting and you do your best

We're glad to have you out here in the middle west

We're gonna root root root root White Sox

And cheer you on to victory

Chicago is proud of you

White Sox

White Sox

Go, go White Sox

Root root root for the White Sox

We'll cheer you on to victory

Chicago is proud of you

White Sox

White Sox

Go, go White Sox

Chicago is proud of you

Ahhhhhh!!!!!

Music to my ears!!!!!!

What can I say that hasn't been said? For 40+ years I've been a die hard fan of this team. Every spring I was filled with hope. I remember losing to Yanks in '64 by 1 game. I remember the collapse against the Senators and the A's in '67. I distinctly remembering that we lost to a rookie named Blue Moon Odom! Damn, that sucked. I remember the excitement generated by Bill Veeck's Southside Hit Men in '77, only to have reality rear it's ugly head once again. I remember Britt Burns pitching his ass off, only to have Jerry Dubzinski screw up at second base in '83. I remember losing to Jays in'93 and losing the opportunity in '94. I remember hoping beyond hope that our shell of a pitching staff could pull of a miracle in '00.

I'll always remember the '05 Sox. Finally, after all these years, I'll get to see MY White Sox in the World Series! I cannot put into words how I feel right now. My father called me after the last out ... He put me on speaker phone so my mother and sister could hear the conversation. I have to tell you, folks. During that conversation, I'm bawling! I'm still at a loss for words about this. Just the most totally awesome feeling I have ever experienced short of watching my sons being born.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 09:32 AM)
What can I say that hasn't been said?  For 40+ years I've been a die hard fan of this team.  Every spring I was filled with hope.  I remember losing to Yanks in '64 by 1 game.  I remember the collapse against the Senators and the A's in '67.  I distinctly remembering that we lost to a rookie named Blue Moon Odom!  Damn, that sucked.  I remember the excitement generated by Bill Veeck's Southside Hit Men in '77, only to have reality rear it's ugly head once again.  I remember Britt Burns pitching his ass off, only to have Jerry Dubzinski screw up at second base in '83.  I remember losing to Jays in'93 and losing the opportunity in '94.  I remember hoping beyond hope that our shell of a pitching staff could pull of a miracle in '00.

I'll always remember the '05 Sox.  Finally, after all these years, I'll get to see MY White Sox in the World Series!  I cannot put into words how I feel right now.  My father called me after the last out ... He put me on speaker phone so my mother and sister could hear the conversation.  I have to tell you, folks.  During that conversation, I'm bawling!  I'm still at a loss for words about this.  Just the most totally awesome feeling I have ever experienced short of watching my sons being born.

SOMEBODY GRAB YASNY SOME FREAKIN WS TICKETS!

Some entertaining Ozzie quotes. The ARod one is by far my favorite.

Sunday's best of Ozzie Guillen:

On the street value of a World Series ring: "You cannot buy a World Series ring on the streets. Ask Alex Rodriguez, he's got millions of dollars and no rings. That's why I say, 'God bless Derek Jeter. He's got a lot of money and a lot of rings.' "

On walking away, if the White Sox win the World Series: "I could be with my family for the rest of my life or be with my players for the rest of my life. I'd rather be with the players."

On his next career: "Oh, I got a lot of jobs. Maybe not analyst on ESPN, because my English is not that good. I would sit next to Jerry [Reinsdorf] and criticize the players. That's an easy job."

On why he would write only a few reports when scouting the minor leagues: "In the minor leagues, you got three good players. Why do I have to send a report on the other 22?"

QUOTE(YASNY @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 12:32 PM)
What can I say that hasn't been said?  For 40+ years I've been a die hard fan of this team.  Every spring I was filled with hope.  I remember losing to Yanks in '64 by 1 game.  I remember the collapse against the Senators and the A's in '67.  I distinctly remembering that we lost to a rookie named Blue Moon Odom!  Damn, that sucked.  I remember the excitement generated by Bill Veeck's Southside Hit Men in '77, only to have reality rear it's ugly head once again.  I remember Britt Burns pitching his ass off, only to have Jerry Dubzinski screw up at second base in '83.  I remember losing to Jays in'93 and losing the opportunity in '94.  I remember hoping beyond hope that our shell of a pitching staff could pull of a miracle in '00.

I'll always remember the '05 Sox.  Finally, after all these years, I'll get to see MY White Sox in the World Series!  I cannot put into words how I feel right now.  My father called me after the last out ... He put me on speaker phone so my mother and sister could hear the conversation.  I have to tell you, folks.  During that conversation, I'm bawling!  I'm still at a loss for words about this.  Just the most totally awesome feeling I have ever experienced short of watching my sons being born.

While I haven't been a fan of the White Sox nearly as long as you have, you echo my feelings of seeing this team reach the ultimate baseball stage. I am so proud of this team, words can't even begin to describe how I've been feeling since that last toss out to Kong at first base.

YASNY, I applaud you for your years of following this team. I've never been a fair-weather fan, as I've supported some very awful teams in the sports that I like, so I know precisely where you're coming from when you finally realize your team has turned the corner and (nearly) reached the pinnacle of its particular sport.

7 in the books, 4 to go until the ultimate prize! :cheers :cheers

I haven’t posted in this White Sox winner thread, which will surely be added to the archives section as one of the best postgame threads ever here at Soxtalk, and all I want to say is that I am glad that I’m alive to see the White Sox win the pennant! I am glad that I’m old enough to understand the game and be able to see something that is not seen very often. I am just 17 and hopefully this won’t be the last time something like this happens.

My boss at work says he is very close to getting World Series tickets and that he’ll be more than happy to invite me to a game. I will definitely accept that invitation and hopefully I can observe history in the making, LIVE!

Let’s not stop here, 2005 White Sox. You have gone so far and all you need is 4 MORE WINS.

2005 White Sox..... YES!!!!!!