AND THATS A WHITE SOX PLAYOFF WINNER

SoxRock192

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Yoda @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 03:39 PM)
My boss at work says he is very close to getting World Series tickets and that he’ll be more than happy to invite me to a game. I will definitely accept that invitation and hopefully I can observe history in the making, LIVE!

YES!!!!!!

Your boss looking to hire any more employees?? :D

This was a quote from an article about the series on ESPN.COM.

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- The news isn't all bad. The Los Angeles Angels can sleep as late as they want today, and they'll wake up two time zones and half a continent away from A.J. Pierzynski.

If that doesn't sum it all up I dont know what does.

:D

QUOTE(Brian @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 10:24 PM)
Not sure if this has been talked about, but does anyone have a DVD or good VHS copy of last nights game? I think I'm gonna go buy a bunch of tapes this week and tape every game of the World Series.

I have the whole series on DVR, but I don't know how to transfer it to another format.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 12:32 PM)
What can I say that hasn't been said?   For 40+ years I've been a die hard fan of this team.  Every spring I was filled with hope.  I remember losing to Yanks in '64 by 1 game.  I remember the collapse against the Senators and the A's in '67.  I distinctly remembering that we lost to a rookie named Blue Moon Odom!  Damn, that sucked.  I remember the excitement generated by Bill Veeck's Southside Hit Men in '77, only to have reality rear it's ugly head once again.  I remember Britt Burns pitching his ass off, only to have Jerry Dubzinski screw up at second base in '83.  I remember losing to Jays in'93 and losing the opportunity in '94.  I remember hoping beyond hope that our shell of a pitching staff could pull of a miracle in '00.

I'll always remember the '05 Sox.  Finally, after all these years, I'll get to see MY White Sox in the World Series!  I cannot put into words how I feel right now.  My father called me after the last out ... He put me on speaker phone so my mother and sister could hear the conversation.  I have to tell you, folks.  During that conversation, I'm bawling!  I'm still at a loss for words about this.  Just the most totally awesome feeling I have ever experienced short of watching my sons being born.

They last clinched the pennant on my 8th birthday. And every year since, I too have felt that given a slight break, or celestial nudge, here or there, that the World Series was within reach.

I have actually never met a White Sox fan face to face. Except for my father. And truth be known, he would have described himself more of a Yankee hater than a Sox diehard. His love for the little guy and the Go Go White Sox and his abhorrence of the Evil Empire branded me for life. So this has been a solitary quest for me. And I have always loved baseball more than any other sport. By far.

It is with these thoughts in mind, that I salute the 2005 White Sox, this wonderful website, and it's many zealous fans, as it has allowed me to share my thoughts on a lifelong, passionate dream with so many kindred spirits. :cheers :cheers

Now .......... let's rip the inferior, so-called senior league. HELL YEAH!!!

Edited by ottawa_sox

Well I've been away from Soxtalk for a week, but very luckily I was able to catch game 1, 3, 4 and 5 live on Fox Sports on my holiday. And I wasn't going to miss those games for the world.

What can I say about this team? How damn proud I am of them. I defended them during the so called "choke". People were lining up at the time saying it would be 3 and out like 2000 all over again. But those who looked at the team as a whole and at factors more than just how we were playing then at the time, and how "BAD" our offense was, knew this team was something special.

Every member of this team who was out on the ballpark at any point during the series made a contribution. There were no passengers on this team, from the great performance of Paul Konerko (god damnit he must be re-signed) and Joe Crede (he'll be back) with the bat, to the wonderful starting pitching of Contreras, Buerhle, Garland and Garcia who just got better and better as the innings went on, to the contribution of a Pablo Ozuna who comes in as a pinch runner, steals a base and scores the winning run in the game that turned around this series.

How good has this team been? 2/3rd's of an inning from Neal Cotts and that's it from our bullpen. Wow. Have a look at the Angels, they got tired as the series went on, and were forced to use the likes of Shields, Escobar and Donnelly repeatedly.

So now I'll say thank you to every member of this team.

Scott Podsednik - Get on base and do your thing, you did this perfectly during the series, and you MUST keep doing that. Just don't come up in key RBI situations with runners on base ok. :lol:

Tadahito Iguchi - Fantastic defense, you did the little things perfectly, but still room for improvement on cutting down those K's. The world is taking notice of how good you are now though.

Jermaine Dye - Little slow starting, but by the end of the series you were stroking it with the bat. Keep hitting the other way like you have done, and good things will come.

Paul Konerko - Key situations, you perform. We need you to keep doing the same and be the "guy" in the middle of that lineup. And I hope you'll be back because no every Sox fan should see how important you are in the middle of that lineup.

Carl Everett - Did some ok things, singles to left were good, just need to keep getting that AVG up and those K's down.

Aaron Rowand - I love your defense. And you came up with a key hit in the 4th in the 5th game and scored the winning run in that game as well. But you can do better with the bat, and let's hope you do. You'll be important if we can get runners on in front of you, and you need to show us that clutch hitting.

A.J Pierzynski - In the middle of everything. Been everything we could have hoped for at the start of this season. Just keep doing what you're doing.

Joe Crede - Now here's the pleasent suprise of the playoffs so far. Keep making contact, don't go swinging at the first pitch. Your defense was much improved from the 1st series and we need that to continue.

Juan Uribe - You've improved a lot since the 1st few months of the season. Keep showing us that great defense and keep getting on base.

White Sox Rotation - Contreas, Buerhle, Garland and Garcia. You've done more than we could have dreamed of so far, and we need you to continue doing that. Eat up those innings, keep those relievers fresh, and most importanly, keep us in winning positions in these world series ballgames.