Congrats to Sox Fans from a Marlins fan

CapeFish

Congrats on your much-deserved Championship. Even though many of us did not have power due to Wilma, we listened on the radio, got the battery-powered TVs out, got updates on our cell phones, and rooted on the White Sox. Thankfully they swept the Astros in 4 and put that sorry Houston team out of their misery.

Thank you again for your support back during our run in 2003 and now we hope you enjoy your reign as champions.

I am the webmaster of MarlinsBaseball.com and during 2003 the Chisox fans were the biggest supporters of our team outside of our own fans. It is great to see you all rewarded with your own title.

Congrats from all of us at MarlinsBaseball.com.

Larry - Marlins fans...

Hell, everyone...

Baseball is an amazing game. You grow up with these teams, they sort of become like your extended family. And we are united as fans of the sport we love, and sports teams represent all our hopes, dreams, and leaps of faith in many, many ways.

It's POSITIVE moments like these that unite us all - as opposed to "tragedy."

Thanks for the well-wishes, everyone!

I was in a hotel room in Barstow, California on the night the Marlins won, on a field trip to look at the Manix Fault. I stepped out of dinner at a cheap restaurant early in order to step back upstairs and watch the end of the game. Twas a hell of a thing to watch you guys show the Yankees who was boss. They got a fist pump from me that night. Not as big as the ones I let out last night, and am still letting out, but I think that's to be expected.

Thanks sir.

Hey, all!

Sorry, I was unable to post earlier, as Wilma took my power and phone service, but, anyhow...

CONGRATULATIONS AND ENJOY THIS MOMENT!

This is where the millions of fans from the other 29 teams wish they'd be right now. Your 2005 World Champion White Sox have earned this honor for you -- don't take it in stride, and always remember it!

Cheers from your friendly Marlins fan... :cheers

- Beets

QUOTE(Larry @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 09:23 AM)
I am the webmaster of MarlinsBaseball.com and during 2003 the Chisox fans were the biggest supporters of our team outside of our own fans.  It is great to see you all rewarded with your own title.

Congrats from all of us at MarlinsBaseball.com.

uh that is because you guys had a freakin kickass team!

As a Marlins fan I couldnt think of any other MLB team to win the WS (other than the Marlins, ofcourse), than the Chicago White Sox. You guys were the best during our 2003 run and even loaned us your stadium in 2004. You guys were fun watch and fun to root for. CONGRATULATIONS on a job well done !!!!!!!!!!!

2005 World Series Champions THE team of Chicago the White Sox !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS I was one of the guys listening to the game on the radio until the 8 inning when power came back on and I got to see your team storm the field...again

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :gosoxretro:

QUOTE(legacyofcangelosi @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 09:27 PM)
Congrats to the sox, couldnt have happened to a better team. As a marlins fan i remember how you guys rooted for us in 03, so I felt it correct to congratulate the white sox. I also am cuban and a big fan of el duque and contreras. Anyway, enjoy this guys your team earned it

Welcome to SoxTalk, and thank you for the well wishes!

:cheers :cheers :cheers

Thanks for the wishes guys. It's been nice to see fans of other teams come on here and congratulate us on the win. You Marlins fans especially have always represented your team with a lot of class, and I echo the sentiments in hoping you guys can do better in 2006. :)