The Season is Officially Over!

whitesoxmanager

The White Sox are always referred to as a team. After seeing the parade today and the attitudes of everyone, I disagree. The 2005 Chicago White Sox were not a team, but a family playing baseball. This White Sox team strikes me as a group that will always be friends with each other no matter what. They set Chicago ablaze. 2005 White Sox World Series Rally = Greatest city party I've ever attended.

i will be going to arizona again this year.

i will be thinking the same thing i was last year, "we will win it all"

this time ill just have to add one little word to the end,

"we will win it all... again!"

i will move to chicago

(haha)

well, if any of you want to let me sleep on your couch... ill consider it.

Wire to wire, then winning it all in such historic fashion makes 2005 a season that will rival ANY in franchise history. The "old timers" hung their hats on '59 because that's the best they had.

This is the year they got it done. I'll be telling my grandchildren about it 50 years from now.

QUOTE(hi8is @ Oct 28, 2005 -> 02:32 PM)
i will be going to arizona again this year.

i will be thinking the same thing i was last year, "we will win it all"

this time ill just have to add one little word to the end,

"we will win it all... again!"

i will move to chicago

(haha)

well, if any of you want to let me sleep on your couch... ill consider it.

You're somewhere near L.A. right?

Happen to have a free car seat for that trip?

I've said this before but its finally complete

this team was like watching your favorite batter up to bat after a rally and the game was tied in the ninth. The pitcher makes his pitch, and off the bat you know it has a chance. The ball keeps sailing in the air, and all you can do is look at the outfielder jogging back, and thinking "its gonna fall, he's gonna stop soon and catch it" but the ball keeps sailing, and he keeps jogging back, until it was over the wall, the game was over, we had won, and it all happened way too fast.

I love the white sox now more than ever. I mean, before, favorite seasons were how close we were, now my favorite season was when we won it all...

this was an absolutely incredible season. I mean, honestly, my goal has always been playoffs, and who can blame me, and when we were in? This is sad, but i just hoped we won a game, and when we won the ALDS, i just wanted a series, and when we won the ALCS, i f***ing WANTED that ring. I was so confident in this team post ALCS, all that built in pessimism was erased...well nearly all.

This season is what I have been waiting for.....yeah yeah...as long as I can remember, but

It means more now that we have the crown!

It will always sink in deeper every time I see a scrubs tee/hat/fan!

It will mean my team was the greatest in 2005 and for years to come!

It will mean I can no longer b**** about not having a WS championship!

It means all my years of hardcore/diehard arguements with northsiders made my arguement stick..our team/organization is tops in Chicago and will forever be looked @ as an incredible TEAM EFFORT!

It mean one(some) of my all-time favorite Sox(Ozzie & his coaches) will become a hometown legends like Iron Mike Ditka!

It means I can die happy knowing I will have seen a true champion dominate in the game of baseball!

It will mean alot of things that I can keep on writing about...but most of all it means I WILL NEVER EVER LOVE ANY OTHER ORGANIZATION AS MUCH AS THE SOX! (6-time Bulls Champs...pfff means nothing anymore without MJ in Chicago)

I'm proud to be a Sox fan even without a WS, but having one just helps me keep my head up for all the years to come...GO SOX! BELIEVE!!!!!!!!! :gosox3:

Thank you to the players, each and everyone who played. 119 Games is a lot of concentration and work.

Thank you to any fan that attended any Sox games this year, and......

Thank you to Jerry Reinsdorf and the Sox owners for turning this once joke of a MLB team into World Series champions!!!!

Now that we have the WS and Victory Parade behind us, can everyone go back to the bitter, sarcastic, the sky will fall, you are an idiot, gloom and doom, ways? Damn, I hate all this happy talk.

I remember posting earlier in the year, perhaps before he season started that trends happen in sports, and the Sox were very similar to the Patriots and the Spurs. Good citizens, not an obvious HoF in the starting line-up, but having great balance.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 29, 2005 -> 08:27 AM)
Now that we have the WS and Victory Parade behind us, can everyone go back to the bitter, sarcastic, the sky will fall, you are an idiot, gloom and doom, ways? Damn, I hate all this happy talk.

I remember posting earlier in the year, perhaps before he season started that trends happen in sports, and the Sox were very similar to the Patriots and the Spurs. Good citizens, not an obvious HoF in the starting line-up, but having great balance.

Oh shut up!