Automatic Turn Up The Volume Songs

Texsox

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 06:25 PM)
I've just recently rediscovered Eric B. and Rakim.  They were so ahead of their time.  Anything you have loaded onto iTunes, perhaps?

*shakes hands* Not that I would want any of those or anything.

:)

You know, one of these days I'll get around to it. I have the software to record from vinyl onto my computer, but I'm just too lazy. Rakim has a shelved LP from 1995 that I consider to be a great album. I will most definitely keep you in mind, Dybber. :cheers

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 12:31 PM)
I never could understand what the f*** Eddie was saying on that one.

Hey, Rock is a Pearl Jam fan.  How about that?  :D

I was a huge fan back in the 90s, but I haven't really felt like listening to any of their albums for a good 5 years now.  I have some bootlegs with good unreleased songs performed live.  Eddie is just moaning and uttering gibberish, kind of like on "Yellow Ledbetter".  But it sounds good, real goooood.

I love Pearl Jam, still. I have just about every cd bootleg, everything. Been to several concerts as well.

My top bands are prob PJ, Sublime, Zep, Stones, And a whole bunch of gansta rap.

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 03:37 PM)
I was hooked on them 7 or so years ago.

I was as well, then I started to discover their other albums, bootlegs, other bands that spunoff and finally their dvd. I still feel that their live album Stand by Your Van is one of the finest live cd's ever produced.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 03:49 PM)
Sadly, I felt that Sublime got the Tupac treatment in terms of albums released after death.  It sort of cheapened their music to me.  I could only hear so many remixes of What I got and Summertime.

Very true, that album is actually only like my 3rd favorite of theirs.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 06:07 PM)
Very true, that album is actually only like my 3rd favorite of theirs.

AND to add insult to injury, the remaining members of the band tried a new lead singer with a new name(Long Beach Dub All Stars, I think), but with the same sound. Thats not very cool. Why didnt they just get another mean dalmation to sit in on their recording sessions and name him Louis Dog?

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 06:11 PM)
AND to add insult to injury, the remaining members of the band tried a new lead singer with a new name(Long Beach Dub All Stars, I think), but with the same sound.  Thats not very cool.  Why didnt they just get another mean dalmation to sit in on their recording sessions and name him Louis Dog?

Dub all stars are sweet. And it wasnt like they went out an got a new singer, it was their guitar tech from sublime, and they had a slightly different sound. Bradley was most of the talent and vision, but I still liks the dubs.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 01:19 PM)
Dub all stars are sweet.  And it wasnt like they went out an got a new singer, it was their guitar tech from sublime, and they had a slightly different sound.  Bradley was most of the talent and vision, but I still liks the dubs.

You must think the new INXS is good, dont you? ;) I kid, I kid.....

"Refugee" by Tom Petty

I saw him and the Black Crowes in Indy this last summer and it stormed so hard, the power at the theater went out during Refugee. Petty was getting right to the chourus when this happened, so everyone in the crowd started singing. By far the best concert I have ever been to.

QUOTE(heavyduty @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 11:49 PM)
"Refugee" by Tom Petty

I saw him and the Black Crowes in Indy this last summer and it stormed so hard, the power at the theater went out during Refugee. Petty was getting right to the chourus when this happened, so everyone in the crowd started singing. By far the best concert I have ever been to.

Petty is an awesome show. He is far better live than recorded.

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 11:06 PM)
Tangled up in Blue.

MacArthur Park.

Fiona Apple.

Tori Amos.

The Beatles.

Shakira (spanish language only)

And, on *very bad days*

Old Liz Phair and Ani DiFranco

What happened to "You can leave your hat on"?