Cub fan sour grapes

JUGGERNAUT

For a bunch of people who aren't supposed to give a s*** about the White Sox, we are seeing a lot of Cub fans with a need to write letters to newpapers showing how totally clueless they are. It used to bother me, but over the past year or so their BS just makes me laugh.

World Champion White Sox-you would think these 4 words would shut them up.

I really don't care what any cub fans have to say about us. There is one thing I have to say about some sox fans though, they care too much about what the cub fans think. SOME do not all. When we were in the postseason I was not thinking "ohh what do cub fans think about this???" I don't give a s*** what they think but there are some sox fans who go too far about the whole cubs suck deal. I don't know maybe it's just me but I only talk about the cubs if I have a cub fan talking s*** about the sox.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 10:55 PM)
I really don't care what any cub fans have to say about us. There is one thing I have to say about some sox fans though, they care too much about what the cub fans think. SOME do not all. When we were in the postseason I was not thinking "ohh what do cub fans think about this???" I don't give a s*** what they think but there are some sox fans who go too far about the whole cubs suck deal. I don't know maybe it's just me but I only talk about the cubs if I have a cub fan talking s*** about the sox.

well, when we won the world series, i called my cub fan brother and laughed...sorry, but my family is as big a deal to me as the white sox.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 07:00 PM)
If it makes anyone else feel better, there was an anti-Cubs insult in the opening of The Simpsons last night.

Kang & Kodos basically suggested that the universe would end before the Cubs won a W.S.  Don't remember the exact line, but enjoyed it thoroughly.

Something like "Turn the accelorator ray all the way up! Only this way will the Cubs ever win a World Series."

A lot of cubs fans have been really bitter, after all they are seeing the tide turn against them right before their eyes. I mean now the sox are the popular name, now their stadium and its fandeck and fundamentals are the cool unique features (not scoreboard and ivy), now we have the big name manager, now we have the spotlight. And we deserve it, we are the best team in all of MLB, we proved it.

At this point, I really don't care about the sour grapes of this Cub fan or any other...but "Sox fan" behavior that made it impossible for him to root for us? Please! His examples are one call that was a wrong number and one car circling Wrigley with a Sox flag.

Could anything be so horrible?

QUOTE(joeynach @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 08:20 PM)
A lot of cubs fans have been really bitter, after all they are seeing the tide turn against them right before their eyes.  I mean now the sox are the popular name, now their stadium and its fandeck and fundamentals are the cool unique features (not scoreboard and ivy), now we have the big name manager, now we have the spotlight.  And we deserve it, we are the best team in all of MLB, we proved it.

Well...I don't know there is that AL West team with the long name...wait we killed them too. :finger

And we deserve it, we are the best team in all of MLB, we proved it.

That is really it right there. Wire to wire, and a post-season that dominate, our team REALLY showed who was the best, and none of the "experts" even dared to argue. That is what has to REALLY eat the anti-Sox people up, is there is pretty much nothing that could be said against this team. Though we had some calls go our way, we then followed it all up with sensational play on all parts.

A lot of cubs fans have been really bitter, after all they are seeing the tide turn against them right before their eyes.  I mean now the sox are the popular name, now their stadium and its fandeck and fundamentals are the cool unique features (not scoreboard and ivy), now we have the big name manager, now we have the spotlight. 

Not so sure about this.

Nationally, atleast for a little bit(anywhere from 3 months to the next year), I'd agree. I haven't been to Chicago...but I have long thought about this, and I kind of figure 2006 is a huge year for the Cubs.

I am counting on the Sox winning anywhere from 90-105 games, and at the very least, contending until the last week of the season. So to me, I think Chicago is basically the Cubs to lose at this point. Assuming I am right, and the Sox do win that amount of games, and either take the Wild Card or division, or just compete to the end...I think the Cubs have to do the same for the town to remain equally split, or better if they want to regain the city fully. If they are mediocre again - which I think they will be, because I'm not sure they can fill that many holes in one offseason - and the Sox win the division, and make another playoff push, it's a Sox city again.

QUOTE(J-MAN @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 03:57 PM)
My main problem with Cub fans is they are not baseball fans.

To prove my point I asked a supposed Cub fan to name five players on the Cubs this year - she got to four - nuff said!

By the way what to a brown bear wearing a condom and the world series have in common!!!!!!

NEITHER WILL EVER HAVE CUBS!!!!!!

:gosoxretro:

:cheers

My friend and I started doing this three years ago in my cub fanatic High School. We were just proving that sox fans are typically baseball fans before sox fans. it held up as most cubs fans could name maybe three players (Sosa, Wood, Maybe prior) . whereas sox fans could name the 25 man roster some minor leaugers and most of the cubs roster and 5 players from almost every other team. :gosox1: