• PS3 bitch!
    • I still have Atari

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(3E8 @ Nov 21, 2005 -> 09:46 PM)
Anyone camping out for this thing?

I went to Walmart for the golden ticket thing. They held a raffle to see who would be the lucky girls and boys who could buy this thing. About 300 people were in walmart for the raffle.

They only had 10 units, 2 of the 399 bundles, then 8 core systems.

Alas I didnt win. Time to put the feet to the pavement so I can get it.

And the funny thing is that for all of the people who have s***ty TV's that dont support HD, outside of new games this unit will be basically pointless. My DLP tv however needs the Xbox360 to launch it into full glory. At least thats the story I am using to justify the 400 bucks spending on it.

And yes I will get the PS3 when it comes out, so I can play Socom PS3 version when it comes out.

The sad state of being a gaming whore.

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 09:57 AM)
These things are now on Ebay for upwards of $2,000+

That was the sole reason I was going to buy one. I never got around to doing it though and now I'm kicking myself. I did make a good deal when I sold my PS2 upon release way back when.

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 11:57 AM)
These things are now on Ebay for upwards of $2,000+

I love gaming and all, but people are stupid to pay that kind of money for something that will within a month or so be available. Would I have liked to have been the first on my block to get one,sure. But its not worth a few grand to do that.

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Nov 12, 2005 -> 07:24 PM)
hell yea its a freken upgrade.  Go to best buy and play call of duty 2 and then try and tell me its not an upgrade.  It looks so amazing.  The graphics are so great and it like watching saving private ryan or band of brothers in HD.  Its amazing.

I agree with that entirely. I played it for about 10 minutes and came away pretty impressed. However, for those of us that don't have an HD/Plasma/whatever the hell else million dollar TV (like me), you'll probably lose a bit. The graphics were pretty impressive, but I'm not so sure it's ridiculously better than some of the higher end current games.

I personally won't be buying one anytime soon, because the titles are extremely underwhelming. Madden and Project Gotham would work for a while, and after that demo Call of Duty looks like a must buy. Full Auto also looks like a pretty cool game, but I'm not sure when it comes out. After that the only must buys I see anywhere in the near future are Gears of War and HALO 3, which are out in January at the earliest. I plan on waiting until the PS3 comes out to decide which system I will be getting. I already know that there are a few PS3 games I must get that will be available on or near launch, so that gives the XBox 360 a little time to catch up. So far, it looks like XBox is going a little overboard by making an incredibly large number of FPS, which doesn't seem like a smart strategy for a system that has HALO.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 11:59 AM)
That was the sole reason I was going to buy one.  I never got around to doing it though and now I'm kicking myself.  I did make a good deal when I sold my PS2 upon release way back when.

I always miss out on opportunities like this. I'm usually the one paying for the stuff rather than making money.

I'm jealous of the people that are lucky enough to get a high-demand item and then make a huge profit on it.

I actually have to work for my money... :crying

I was at my Best Buy this morning to get the King Kong exclusive boxset. That was friggin' crazy. The only place I could find my boxset was at the "impulse" items table at the special X-Box check out line. The line was all the way to the front of the store.

I am sooooooo glad I am not into those types of video games. :D

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 01:30 PM)
Yeah, your dork activity book is already filled up.

I Kid.  I Care.  I Check my Mailbox Each Day For Beer.®

:D

I know, I know. I'll bring it upstairs out of my cellar tonight. I will be out and about Friday and will get all the packing stuff for it. I suck at shipping stuff, just ask Critic. But I was first hoping to have it to you for the WS win, then Thanksgiving. But I promise you will have it BEFORE Christmas of 2005. Because of where it is though, I keep forgetting it is in my house.

I also fully agree that my dork activity book is full. I don't make fun of gamers, I just thank the gods that it isn't one of my hobbies, mainly due to the financial hurt that comes with it.

Well, I was fortunate enough to get one last night, and I gotta say, I am very impressed with what this system can do. Where the gameplay on Madden, NBA, ect are mind boggling, the graphics are nothing short of revolutionary. :ph34r: Imagine hearing Peyton Manning's actual voice as he calls an audible, veins popping out of hands and neck as you get ready to throw another TD to Harrison. Hell they even have the "Moose's Dribble" for his TD celebration. Trust me, even for PC gamers, this system is unlike anything you have ever seen or played. Didnt get too in-depth last night, played until about 4am, though after seeing the prices on ebay today, I'm really kicking myself for opening that damn box..... muy estupido, but hey, life is short. This system is apples/oranges, night and day compared to the original xbox, Ive been playing games since Intellivision and I can honestly say that this the biggest jump in what a console can provide in terms of "full package." Believe the hype, this system is unreal.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 03:45 PM)
Ahh, so Microsoft is creating an artificial demand?  How cool of them.

Not really, moreso that stupid Mountain Dew promotion where they gave one away every 10 minutes. The demand is actually very high on these, microsoft just couldnt produce enuogh to supply the launch demand, they certainly are not gonna keep it from people that they are hard to obtain and the gift of the season. My buddy pre-ordered in June and didnt get one.

QUOTE(Balance @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 02:25 PM)
It saddens me to say that I probably won't buy it.  I just don't play the Xbox I have very much now.  I think this means I'm getting old.

I will be prebuying a PS3, simply to resell. I've learned my lesson and I know they always undersell this. The thing with the Xbox release is it was probably more profitable for resellers because its right near Xmas.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 04:27 PM)
I will be prebuying a PS3, simply to resell.  I've learned my lesson and I know they always undersell this.  The thing with the Xbox release is it was probably more profitable for resellers because its right near Xmas.

They way Sony is going, the PS3 will be released around Christmas too...