That's the goalie...

Some real, real encouraging signs tonight, as the Hawks win 5-2, stopping the eight game winning streak of the Flames.

-Khabi is starting to play really well. He pretty much saved the team in the first period. Eight first period penalties; they score two goals, but it could have been more like four. Awesome game from Khabi tonight.

-The BBC line looked spectacular. Some of the best passing I've seen in a while from a Blackhawk team on Bell's second goal; Calder, to Borque, to Bell who has an open net.

-I love watching Aucoin and Seabrook on defense. Keith is growing on me (snicker), but the first two especially -- Aucoin is extremely physical, and seems like such a smart player. Towards the end of the game, he took down Iginla as Jerome tried driving to the net. Seabrook holds his own, too. If Barker is up here next year, our defense has the chance to be very, very good.

-I'm hesitant to say this, but I'm taking a liking to Matt Barnaby. It's not that he does anything very well, it's just, he pisses people off. He's taken a couple dumb penalties now and then, but for the most part, he's done his job as a third liner.

Get Ruutu healthy, and we can start rolling out two lines that can score (BBC and Ruutu/Arny/Vorobiev?).

Back to tonight, though -- they played a pretty damn good team tonight, and played well. They're starting to play better. I'm encouraged (for now)...

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 19, 2005 -> 07:06 AM)
Speaking of Hockey, what's happened to your team Florida Kap? They've fallen right off the rails.

In all my years of watching hockey I have never heard the Boston crowd boo as long and as loudly as they did Thursday night. Jacobs and Sinden promised the fans a Stanley Cup contender and what we got is a team that would lose in the AHL.

av-1984.jpg

No skating, standing around, pass first....it's called Bruins....

Edited by Fenway

I haven't watched Florida too much now that Hordi was traded. But from what I have seen, they can't score. And that's a minor surprise after the acquisitions this summer.

As far as the 'Hawks go, there's a strong 6 teams in the west that have separated themselves. The last two are up for grabs, and from what I see, the 'Hawks have as good a shot as anyone. But they have to get MUCH more consistent, especially on defense.

The Ducks shouldn't be one of those teams. I don't know if you have them listed as one of those 6, but they aren't that good, imo. I've been to a couple games and they are a pretty sloppy team.

That said they have some good chemistry and Giggy has been playing well when he's been healthy.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Nov 20, 2005 -> 01:18 AM)
They are starting to look like a NHL team.. they have me excited.

it's finally fun to watch them, last night was a quality game. Gave me something to watch during the USC commercials :P

If the Hawks can figure out a way to level out the time spent on special teams, they might have a chance at this. Right now they spend waaaaaaaaaay too much time shorthanded, and have a terrible PK. They are excellent 5 on 5 and solid on their own PP, but they take way to many stupid penalties. I don't think I have ever seen a team that is 3 on 5 as many times a game as the Hawks are.