Foods you can't stomach

SnB

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 12:45 PM)
Anyone here ever have cow brain?....like in an omlete with veggies?...or in tacos? 

How about cow tongue?.....stewed, again with veggies, it's very tender.

Don't knock it til you try it.  Both are very good.

Tacos de lengua....yum!!! I know it sounds gross, but just try to imagine how tender a tongue is. It melts in your mouth!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SnB @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 11:41 AM)
I think we've had a favorite foods thread at some point, but how about foods you can't stand.

1) cottage cheese, i don't even understand what it is, and it tastes like wet cardboard.

2) mushrooms, i love vegetables, but this is a dirty fungis.

1. Olives...I used to like them, now I can't stand them. Once I decided I liked them, my dad (who loves them) decided to cook them in everything he made. Very quickly I started to hate them and now I will pick em all out before eating them.

2. Sushi and shelled fish - I love seafood, but crabs/lobsters/shrimp along with uncooked fish are disgusting to me.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 01:40 PM)
Mushrooms, olives, tomatoes, anything that ends in melon or remotely resmbles a melon, cucumbers, salsa, and I tried my Uncle's pickled herring once. Never again.

Pickled Herron must be an Iowa thing. Every time were back visiting our family (my grandparents, my dads parents) we picked up Pickled Herron from the store for my grandpa.

Finally a couple years back I tried the stuff, I can safely say it was the nastiest thing I ever ate in my entire life (aside from the chicken I cooked once that led to me getting food poisoning).

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 07:49 PM)
Brussel Sprouts smell pretty nasty but I can swallow em.

Beets may cause gagging.

I agree on cheesecake. Cake is a dessert whereas cheese is not. The two should not be mixed.

Mushrooms are so good though. You guys are all missing out.

Seriously, some sauteed or steamed mushrooms...yumm. One of my favs and a must have on pizza, imo.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 12:34 AM)
Pickled Herron must be an Iowa thing.  Every time were back visiting our family (my grandparents, my dads parents) we picked up Pickled Herron from the store for my grandpa.

Finally a couple years back I tried the stuff, I can safely say it was the nastiest thing I ever ate in my entire life (aside from the chicken I cooked once that led to me getting food poisoning).

Maybe if you picked up herring instead of herron....lol....

My uncle told me and my brother that we can't slam it til we try it. Put a piece on a cracker....seems like it tastes like a wet, dead, animal should.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 02:55 AM)
I pretty much won't eat rice anymore. About 6 years ago I was in China for 5 weeks and pretty much lived on the stuff, except it was sticky and just didn't taste good at all.

Not cool. See that's why I can never go to China. I would probably starve.

QUOTE(POTUSChris @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 11:49 AM)
Not cool.  See that's why I can never go to China.  I would probably starve.

Rice, especially white rice, should compliment whatever it is served with. White rice is best with spicy meats or veggies.

If someone gave me a bowl of plain, bland steamed white rice as dinner, I'd laugh at them.