Foods you can't stomach

SnB

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife is funny because she has certain foods she won't eat based on texture.

yogurt with fruit in it (because it feels like snot)

mushrooms (because it's like rubber)

soggy cereal

I agree with her...that's why I can't stand oysters, beef tongue, fresh mozzarella (slimy!) and/or liver.

Black licorice/jelly beans are freakin' awful.

:puke

Mushrooms.

It's not that I don't like the taste...they just don't agree with my digestive system at all.

As I get older, I'm discovering that I'll eat almost anything put in front of me as long as it doesn't make me sick. I was far pickier as a child than I am now.

i love food, but i've always hated the fact that i can't stand cheesecake, and even riccota cheese doesn't agree with me...

i used to have problems with mushrooms, and while i can't handle em raw, i've been able to enjoy them cooked.

QUOTE(iWiN4PreP @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 10:36 PM)
I cant eat pie, or cheesecake.

i simply choose not to eat either of those...I am not much of a fan of sweet things

I also can only handle mayo in very low amounts, mushrooms no thanks, black licorice will make me gag, olives not so hot, pigs feet...yes i have had them, hell week for my fraternity and oh my god nasty...im sure there is more and i can not think of them right now

1) No Mayo. Burger King always puts it on my chicken sandwich, even when i tell them not to multiple times. Can't stand it! Almost got arrested once because of mayo, that evil condiment!

2) Squash. Just the smell makes me throw up.

3) Shrimp

QUOTE(POTUSChris @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 12:23 PM)
Rice.  The few times I've had it, I ended up sick.  Bleh.

I pretty much won't eat rice anymore. About 6 years ago I was in China for 5 weeks and pretty much lived on the stuff, except it was sticky and just didn't taste good at all.

QUOTE(SnB @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 12:28 AM)
cocktail/popcorn shrimp is the only seafood i'll eat.

I used to absolutely LOVE shrimp.. then once on vacation in Florida I ate some and got a horrible case of the hives. Just came on out of nowhere. For a while I could still eat the buffalo shrimp from Hooters, but no more. Now that's my only allergy. I can still eat crab, lobster, muscles, oysters, etc, etc.. It's weird.

Barbacoa   

Directions

Purchase a beef head or calf head at the grocer or slaughterhouse.

Rinse it out.

Rub oil or lard all over, salt and pepper, wrap in heavy foil.

Place in shallow pan and into the oven at 350 degrees for 3 to 4 hours or until the meat pulls away easily from the bone.

Serve on flour tortillas and top with salsa.

(Boneless beef heads are also available).

3 pounds tripe (intestine)

3 pounds nixtamal (hominy) frozen, not canned

3 pounds pigs feet (not calves) cut into quarters

1 large onion diced

1 bunch green onion cut up in 1/4" pieces

1 bunch of cilantro chopped

2 tablespoons Oregano

1 tablespoon black pepper

1 tablespoon red pepper flakes

1 head of garlic

2 tablespoons salt

Wash tripe thoroughly, remove excess fat and cut into bite sized pieces, wash nixtamal and pigs feet well and combine all ingredient in a large pot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and simmer slowly until corn opens and is cooked (not overcooked). Skim off grease. It is best if you can refrigerate it in order to remove all grease.

Serve with fresh cilantro, chopped green onion, chiltepin, limon and toasted bolillos.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 08:28 AM)

You don't like barbacoa?

I grew up eating all of those types of tacos...de cabeza, barbacoa, al pastor...without knowing what they actually were, and they're delicious.

And is that menudo (minus the pigs' feet)? I like that too, when done right.

Edit: I also had real bad food poisoning from seafood once...felt like I was dying. But i still like it a lot, especially shrimp. :P

Edited by SleepyWhiteSox

I don't know if I'm picking up some pesticide taste or something, but for some reason lettuce makes me gag now. I usually buy the pre-packaged type. It never had this effect in the past. In fact, for some time my wife and I used to make it and eat it all the time. Can't figure out what happened. It's not like I got tired of eating it, it just makes me ill now.

I can't eat most seafood. The smell turns me off.

Pakistani food (sight, smell, and taste) should not be eaten by anyone. I used to work at a hotel owned by Pakistanians, and they had banquets and served that stuff. Vile.