KW's REAL target...

NCsoxfan

Eric Chavez

I have no source to confirm that Williams is targeting Chavez, but many of you will remember back in June/July that KW was targeting him.

A package of Garland and Crede for Chavez would be acceptable to me, but my guess is that Beane would want McCarth/Crede for Chavez, given his propensity for young and cheap starters.

Now the question is, would Chavez bring added value to our club? I dont know, but it has always been apparent that KW has loved him.

QUOTE(NCsoxfan @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 05:58 PM)
Eric Chavez

I have no source to confirm that Williams is targeting Chavez, but many of you will remember back in June/July that KW was targeting him.

A package of Garland and Crede for Chavez would be acceptable to me, but my guess is that Beane would want McCarth/Crede for Chavez, given his propensity for young and cheap starters.

Now the question is, would Chavez bring added value to our club?  I dont know, but it has always been apparent that KW has loved him.

Was your source me? Chaveztalk.com - IT HAS RETURNED!

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 06:03 PM)
So then Beane would have 7 starters, 2 of which he needs to flip (zito and Garland) and then he'd lack a number one bat in the lineup? I don't buy it

Do you imagine what Beane could do with Garland and Zito? Hell, he'll be able to flip both of them to Texas for Mark Texieria.

QUOTE(NCsoxfan @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 06:58 PM)
Eric Chavez

Now the question is, would Chavez bring added value to our club?  I dont know, but it has always been apparent that KW has loved him.

Since you have no source and no evidence whatsoever, shouldn't the thread be called "IN MY OPINION, KW's real target is...", or "I THINK KW's real target is...", or "THE NAME I JUST PULLED OUT OF MY BUTT THAT IS KW's real target..."

:banghead

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 06:23 PM)
You know Billy Beane usually trades away young starters in their contract years when they will be due a lot of money... not trade for them...

How is he gonna trade for Mark Teixera, a Scott Boras client, who it has already been whispered will be looking for baseball's next 100 million dollar contract?

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 06:25 PM)
How is he gonna trade for Mark Teixera, a Scott Boras client, who it has already been whispered will be looking for baseball's next 100 million dollar contract?

if somebody gives a 1st baseman a 100 million dollar contract they deserve what will inevitably follow.....

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 07:11 PM)
Do you imagine what Beane could do with Garland and Zito? Hell, he'll be able to flip both of them to Texas for Mark Texieria.

nothing like getting two pitchers for one year before they "test free agency" for possibly the best young hitter in the game.

Edited by Steve9347

When you hear that Kenny is interested in someone its usually true. A couple years ago, everyone knew that he wanted vizquel and he kept that intrest until he could finally get him. Now he heard Chavez's name come up all the time last year, im sure there is still a strong interest in him. If Anderson or Owens fail, i bet we start hearing Ken Grif Jr rumors again.

QUOTE(iWiN4PreP @ Dec 20, 2005 -> 10:33 AM)
i wud take chavez, deffinitly over blalock.

IMO.

Chavez is due considerably more money, making him a far less attractive option for a guy that arguably isn't that much better. Chavez hits lefties a bit better and probably has more power, but doesn't have as high an average, just about takes the first two months of the season off, and typically hits about 30 points better at home than on the road (more like 50 this year, kind of wierd since Network Associates isn't the greatest hitters' park). Yes, I'd rather have Chavez if the money were even, but Chavez has 5 years and $52 mil left on his deal plus a $12.5 mil option or $3 mil buyout for 2011 , while Blalock has 3 years and $13.7 mil left on his deal, not counting a 2009 option or $550k buyout.

QUOTE(Ricky3353 @ Dec 20, 2005 -> 10:12 AM)
When you hear that Kenny is interested in someone its usually true. A couple years ago, everyone knew that he wanted vizquel and he kept that intrest until he could finally get him. Now he heard Chavez's name come up all the time last year, im sure there is still a strong interest in him. If Anderson or Owens fail, i bet we start hearing Ken Grif Jr rumors again.

LMAO, I am sure Kenny has alot of interest in a lot of different players. Did he ever actually acquire Vizquel? Ken Griffey Jr? Eric Chavez?

QUOTE(timotime @ Dec 21, 2005 -> 11:11 PM)
dude, f*** that...a trade of garland AND crede just for eric chavez is retarded. crede for chavez, i could possibly understand, but fore garland and crede...you suck and you are retarded...get a source, at least pretend to have one, man.

Dude. You better get a clue. Your ass is on the verge of being eliminated.

Edited by YASNY

dude, f*** that...a trade of garland AND crede just for eric chavez is retarded. crede for chavez, i could possibly understand, but fore garland and crede...you suck and you are retarded...get a source, at least pretend to have one, man.

So a trade of Garland and Crede for Chavez isn't realistic but a trade of Crede for Chavez is? :huh:

QUOTE(NCsoxfan @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 07:58 PM)
Eric Chavez

Yeah and my real target is winning the damn Power ball, getting a new car and a privcate jet, plus a luxury suite or whatever at the cell...

Sheeesh what a waste, another MVP trade :headshake