For GOP only

Texsox

You know, mexico has cheap labor, land for agriculture AND oil, which is one more thing than China has. How come China is a world power and Mexico is a cesspool of corruption whose biggest source of income is American dollars sent in from the US? At least the dollars going into China are for goods produces, then exported. Imagine China if they had the oil that Mexico has! We would be bowing to our Chinese overlords instead of our Muslim ones.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Oct 15, 2007 -> 03:35 PM)
You know, mexico has cheap labor, land for agriculture AND oil, which is one more thing than China has. How come China is a world power and Mexico is a cesspool of corruption whose biggest source of income is American dollars sent in from the US? At least the dollars going into China are for goods produces, then exported. Imagine China if they had the oil that Mexico has! We would be bowing to our Chinese overlords instead of our Muslim ones.

Because Communism works in some cases?

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Oct 15, 2007 -> 02:35 PM)

Not sure if you are actually looking for an answer here... but I think the most obvious reasons can be found in the history of those countries.

Mexico: An independent culture and nation only very very recently... a land of conquered people, held under the thumb in its infancy of hugely corrupt Spanish or Spanish-inflences governments... An internal clash of cultures - various castes of Spaniards mixed with natives... then eventually becoming the pinata for the United States. Not a distinguished or politically effective history.

China: You can't make a long enough list of the things that culture has invented... Dominated their region, along with science and military affairs, for thousands of years... isolated in its infancy (for all political purposes), allowed to grow and gain strength, before being threatened later. Much better national lineage, all things considered.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 15, 2007 -> 06:30 PM)
Linked http://www.cnn.com/POLITICS/

What a bunch of b.s. Meet the Candidates for the Dems Obama and Clinton for the GOP? Hunter and Brownback. If that aint a clear example of bias, I don't know what is. Two top Dems and two also rans for the Reps.

sarcasm? :huh

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Oct 15, 2007 -> 08:58 PM)
sarcasm? :huh

What possible justification is there for giving the two top Dems front page placement and right below have two also rans? Clearly Rudy, Thompson, Romney, and McCain would have been better representatives, not a couple pack fillers.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 16, 2007 -> 07:38 AM)
Stop me if you'v heard this one before...

Once you believe, it's everywhere, now I know why conservatives always have their undies in a bunch. I could see it if the pictures rotated some how. But it was static. Each time I visited there they were. That's not accidental. None of the top four GOPers are mentioned on the front page? GMAB

It seems that many people here like to point to media bias, and usually conservatives. I'm surprised you would think it is a dead horse. Are you meaning that the issue is dead and there is no media bias? Or perhaps there is nothing that can be done? Once the media is rendered worthless we lose one of our greatest protections to government wrongdoing. I certainly do not have the time to attend every meeting, I doubt anyone does.

I believe the fourth estate is too important to allow to fail in their mission to shine sunshine on government actions. And on this path, it will. A journalism industry with zero credibility is worse than none at all.

Edited by Texsox
correct spelling error

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 15, 2007 -> 07:30 PM)
Linked http://www.cnn.com/POLITICS/

What a bunch of b.s. Meet the Candidates for the Dems Obama and Clinton for the GOP? Hunter and Brownback. If that aint a clear example of bias, I don't know what is. Two top Dems and two also rans for the Reps.

it's probably because CNN didn't have pictures of the other GOP candidates of them looking like someone tightly holding their scrotums....

tzsup.hunter2.jpg

tzsup.brownback2.jpg

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Oct 16, 2007 -> 06:02 PM)
it's probably because CNN didn't have pictures of the other GOP candidates of them looking like someone tightly holding their scrotums....

tzsup.hunter2.jpg

tzsup.brownback2.jpg

OMG you are right, even the pictures choices are so one sided.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 17, 2007 -> 09:13 PM)
Nope. I think they made some good ground the first few weeks after they convened, but after that, they've been nearly worthless.

i think they have sucked since day one, but that should come as no surprise :lol: