For GOP only

Texsox

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 2, 2007 -> 01:16 PM)
So no posts about the deaths in Iraq being at its lowest level since July06 for both troops and civilians? I was wondering if anyone would post it, so I waited a day out of curiousity... Then I figured I would go ahead and mention it.

Yeah I saw that - very interesting indeed. I think the next few months may become very important. With Ramadan coming up, if October is also markedly lower than last year, then you have to start thinking that something is going better.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 2, 2007 -> 01:16 PM)
So no posts about the deaths in Iraq being at its lowest level since July06 for both troops and civilians? I was wondering if anyone would post it, so I waited a day out of curiousity... Then I figured I would go ahead and mention it.

I didn't see it. Of course it wasn't widely reported and we know why.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Oct 2, 2007 -> 01:55 PM)
It was on the front page of cnn.com and msnbc.com yesterday.

I've been trying to find less biased sources. If it was on their front page, it was there for a reason, and not what anyone thinks. But I'm not going there.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 2, 2007 -> 02:55 PM)
I've been trying to find less biased sources. If it was on their front page, it was there for a reason, and not what anyone thinks. But I'm not going there.

Does this have anything to do with national sarcasm day?

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Oct 2, 2007 -> 02:57 PM)
Does this have anything to do with national sarcasm day?

Nope. In my quest to prove to people here that liberal media bias is an evil conservative plot, I started logging a few news sites and convinced myself that media bias is alive and well. I feel stupid for defending these people all these years. Disgusting really. Conservatives have been getting screwed for a long time.

But I really don't want to belabor the point anymore.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 2, 2007 -> 08:00 PM)
Nope. In my quest to prove to people here that liberal media bias is an evil conservative plot, I started logging a few news sites and convinced myself that media bias is alive and well. I feel stupid for defending these people all these years. Disgusting really. Conservatives have been getting screwed for a long time.

But I really don't want to belabor the point anymore.

Ok, Mr. Multiple Sarcasms. :snow

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 2, 2007 -> 08:48 PM)
Of course conservatives never, ever, change their minds. So I understand your comments. Thank you.

And you don't either, except once every six months when you do nothing but mock the "conservatives" by using multiple sarcasms. :lol:

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 2, 2007 -> 04:12 PM)
And you don't either, except once every six months when you do nothing but mock the "conservatives" by using multiple sarcasms. :lol:

I just can't get a break from you. If I disagree, you post s*** about I'll argue about anything, the stuff I agree about, you accuse me of mocking.

Do a search, I've been touting McCain since the campaigns begun.

Flashback May 18, 2006:

CHRIS MATTHEWS, HOST: Let me ask you Mr. Murtha to give us some details about that. Draw us a picture of what happened at Haditha.

REP. JOHN “JACK” MURTHA: Well, I’ll tell you exactly what happened. One Marine was killed and the Marines just said we’re going to take care – they don’t know who the enemy is, the pressure was too much on them, so they went into houses and they actually killed civilians. And, and –

MATTHEWS:—was this My Lai? Was this a case of – when you say cold blood Congressman, a lot of people think you’re basically saying you got some civilians sitting in a room around a field and they’re executed. Just on purpose…

MURTHA: That’s exactly it. This was not an action…this was troops…they were so stressed out…

Present Day

Buried in the mountain of exhibits attached to the once secret Haditha, Iraq murder inquiry prepared by US Army Maj. Gen. Eldon A. Bargewell is an obscure Marine Corps intelligence summary (see pdf) that says the deadly encounter was an intentional propaganda ploy planned and paid for by Al Qaeda foreign fighters.

Veteran military defense attorney Gary Meyers said he never understood why the Naval Criminal Investigative Service special agents leading the Haditha criminal investigation didn’t “examine the linkage” between Al Qaeda, the local insurgency and the events at Haditha. Meyers was an attorney on the defense team that successfully defended Justin Sharratt, a Marine infantryman accused of multiple murders at Haditha.

The report – apparently overlooked by a Washington press corps awash in leaked Bargewell documents and secret Naval Criminal Investigative Service reports – shows that Marine Corps intelligence operatives were advised of the scheme to demonize the Marines by an informant named Muhannad Hassan Hamadi. The informant was snared by 3/1 Marines on December 11 2005 and decided to cooperate.

pdf

http://warchronicle.com/TheyAreNotKillers/...B1%5D.BATES.pdf

QUOTE(Cknolls @ Oct 8, 2007 -> 06:04 PM)
Flashback May 18, 2006:

CHRIS MATTHEWS, HOST: Let me ask you Mr. Murtha to give us some details about that. Draw us a picture of what happened at Haditha.

REP. JOHN “JACK” MURTHA: Well, I’ll tell you exactly what happened. One Marine was killed and the Marines just said we’re going to take care – they don’t know who the enemy is, the pressure was too much on them, so they went into houses and they actually killed civilians. And, and –

MATTHEWS:—was this My Lai? Was this a case of – when you say cold blood Congressman, a lot of people think you’re basically saying you got some civilians sitting in a room around a field and they’re executed. Just on purpose…

MURTHA: That’s exactly it. This was not an action…this was troops…they were so stressed out…

Present Day

Buried in the mountain of exhibits attached to the once secret Haditha, Iraq murder inquiry prepared by US Army Maj. Gen. Eldon A. Bargewell is an obscure Marine Corps intelligence summary (see pdf) that says the deadly encounter was an intentional propaganda ploy planned and paid for by Al Qaeda foreign fighters.

Veteran military defense attorney Gary Meyers said he never understood why the Naval Criminal Investigative Service special agents leading the Haditha criminal investigation didn’t “examine the linkage” between Al Qaeda, the local insurgency and the events at Haditha. Meyers was an attorney on the defense team that successfully defended Justin Sharratt, a Marine infantryman accused of multiple murders at Haditha.

The report – apparently overlooked by a Washington press corps awash in leaked Bargewell documents and secret Naval Criminal Investigative Service reports – shows that Marine Corps intelligence operatives were advised of the scheme to demonize the Marines by an informant named Muhannad Hassan Hamadi. The informant was snared by 3/1 Marines on December 11 2005 and decided to cooperate.

pdf

http://warchronicle.com/TheyAreNotKillers/...B1%5D.BATES.pdf

If true, I don't blame Murtha other then he shouldn't be talking down our troops in the first place.

Tough question? It must be from a plant.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

Listen to Clinton's verbal spat with a Iowa voter over the weekend.

WASHINGTON (CNN) — Sen. Hillary Clinton often holds several town-hall events a day as she campaigns for the Democratic presidential nomination. But a particular gathering in northern Iowa Sunday is the subject of several media reports after the New York Democrat engaged in a verbal tussle with a questioner over Iran.

At an event in North Hampton, Iowa, a questioner took issue with Clinton's recent Senate vote calling on President Bush to formally call the Iranian Revolutionary Guard a terrorist organization. He argued that such a distinction confers the president with the ability to invade the country.

"Why should I support your candidacy . . . if it appears you haven't learned from your past mistakes?" the questioner asked, referring to Clinton's vote to authorize the use of military force in Iraq.

Clinton began by telling the questioner "the premise of the question is wrong," and argued the measure calls for the terrorist label so that sanctions can be imposed. The sanctions, she also said, will in turn "send a clear message to the leadership" and lead to stronger diplomatic efforts.

The Democratic presidential front-runner then concluded by suggesting the question was planted, saying, "somebody obviously sent it to you."

Rolph denied anyone had put him to the question.

"I take exception," Rolph fired back. "This is my own research. Nobody sent it to me, I am offended that you would suggest that."

"Let me finish," Clinton sharply responded, before saying "I apologize, I just have been asked the very same question in three other places."

Click here to CNN's new political portal: CNNPolitics.com

Full story

Anyone else notice that Hillary is hiring Sandy "Making Copies" Berger as a foreign policy advisor to her campaign? That is kind of interesting seeing as the guy already got into trouble for lying to federal investigators and is banned from receiving national security info until Sept of 2008. Not to mention he is now a convicted criminal. I guess those backround checks still aren't coming back correctly? I wonder if anything would be said if say Rudy Guiliani hired Scooter Libby to work on his staff?

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 9, 2007 -> 09:41 AM)
Of course she's been asked the question three other times. It's because it's an issue, you stupid b****. God, I can't stand her.

It's interesting that three people came up with the exact same phrasing. So the question was a plant. I wonder which of your opponents planted it, and what questions have your campaign planted at the other candidate's appearances?

What makes you think she is stupid? I think she is far from stupid, in fact it seems she is rather intelligent and nimble of thought.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 9, 2007 -> 10:09 AM)
It's interesting that three people came up with the exact same phrasing. So the question was a plant. I wonder which of your opponents planted it, and what questions have your campaign planted at the other candidate's appearances?

What makes you think she is stupid? I think she is far from stupid, in fact it seems she is rather intelligent and nimble of thought.

It's also worth thinking about the fact that, with the dark dungeons of the internets out there, it wouldn't be that hard for 100,000 people to read a comment on Daily Kos, think "Hey, that makes sense" and decide that's what they want to ask without it having been a plant at all.

An interesting bit of investigative reporting here...

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1907687/posts

The "Not So Poor" 12 Year Old Who Rebutted Bush on SCHIP Veto

Multiple, Baltimore Sun ^ | 10-07-07

Graeme Frost, who gave the democrat rebuttal to George Bush’s reasons for vetoing the SCHIP Bill, is a middle school student at the exclusive$20,000 per year Park School in Baltimore, MD.

Graeme was in a severe car accident three years ago, and received care paid for by the government program known as SCHIP-(State Children's Health Insurance Program)

"I was in a coma for a week and couldn't eat or stand up or even talk. My sister was even worse," Graeme wrote. "My parents work really hard and always make sure my sister and I have everything we need, but we can't afford private health insurance."

His sister Gemma, also severely injured in the accident, attended the same school prior to the accident meaning the family was able to come up with nearly $40,000 per year for tuition for these 2 grade schoolers. Confirmation both attended Park found here using edit-"find on this page"-Gemma. It will take you to an article in the schools newspaper about a fundraiser for Gemma class of 16, and Graeme class of 13.

Here are photos of the school's 44,000 square foot Wyman Arts Center: two galleries, an outdoor ampitheater, Meyerhoff Theater, Macks-Fidler Black Box Theater, practice rooms, rehearsal space, and ceramics, 3-D sculpture, woodworking, jewelry, painting, photography, digital graphics studios, recording studio, and keyboard lab.

In a Baltimore Sun article the family claims to be raising their four children on combined income of about $45,000 a year. "Bonnie Frost works for a medical publishing firm; her husband, Halsey, is a woodworker. They are raising their four children on combined income of about $45,000 a year. Neither gets health insurance through work."

What the article does not mention is that Halsey Frost has owned his own company "Frostworks",since this marriage announcement in the NY Times in 1992 so he chooses to not give himself insurance. He also employed his wife as "bookkeeper and operations management" prior to her recent 2007 hire at the "medical publishing firm". As her employer, he apparently denied her health insurance as well.

His company, Frostworks, is located at 3701 E BALTIMORE ST. A building that was purchased for $160,000 in 1999. The buildings owner is listed as DIVERSIFIED INDUSTRIAL DESIGN CENTER, LLC whose mailing address is listed as 104 S Collington Ave which is the Frost's home. The commercial property he owns is also listed as the business address for another company called Reillys Designs which leads to the question of whether rental income is included in the above mentioned salary total

The current market value of their improved 3,040 SF home at 104 S Collington Ave is unknown but 113 S COLLINGTON AVE, also an end unit, sold for $485,000 this past March and it was only 2,060 SF. A photo taken in the family's kitchen shows what appears to be a recent remodeling job with granite counter tops and glass front cabinets

One has to wonder that if time and money can be found to remodel a home, send kids to exclusive private schools, purchase commercial property and run your own business... maybe money can be found for other things...maybe Dad should drop his woodworking hobby and get a real job that offers health insurance rather than making people like me (also with 4 kids in a 600sf smaller house and tuition $16,000 less per kid and no commercial property ownership) pay for it in my taxes.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 9, 2007 -> 12:16 PM)
It's also worth thinking about the fact that, with the dark dungeons of the internets out there, it wouldn't be that hard for 100,000 people to read a comment on Daily Kos, think "Hey, that makes sense" and decide that's what they want to ask without it having been a plant at all.

Of course.

Except, the kids receive a scholarship to go to that school and the parents aren't paying for it.

And the lavish house that they bought, was purchased in 1991 for 55K.

Does anyone in the GOP really think its going to get them points to go after a 12 year old with brain injuries?