McCarthy

SoxRock05

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 04:51 PM)
I haven't heard anything, but judging on the Sox past, I would guess a cutter would be more likely.

That's what I fully expected him to be working on too, but the report said it was a 2 seamer/split finger pitch of some sort that he wanted to work on.

I do think a split finger/2 seamer makes sense though, at least as much as a cutter, simply because the kid is freaking tall, and he'd really be able to get on top of that thing and push it downwards, just like JG. (Imagine JG with BMac's changeup...he might give up 3 hits all year)

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Dec 31, 2005 -> 02:41 AM)
Off a website or what?

If you have it on the computer, I assume so, but if you have the PS2 version you need a network adapter and an internet connection to connect online, or XBL if you have Xbox, and you can download updates from there.

QUOTE(farmteam @ Dec 31, 2005 -> 07:22 PM)
If you have it on the computer, I assume so, but if you have the PS2 version you need a network adapter and an internet connection to connect online, or XBL if you have Xbox, and you can download updates from there.

I don't have XBL so that could be a problem then.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 31, 2005 -> 12:44 AM)
That's what I fully expected him to be working on too, but the report said it was a 2 seamer/split finger pitch of some sort that he wanted to work on.

I do think a split finger/2 seamer makes sense though, at least as much as a cutter, simply because the kid is freaking tall, and he'd really be able to get on top of that thing and push it downwards, just like JG.  (Imagine JG with BMac's changeup...he might give up 3 hits all year)

INteresting. I would have thought with a decent curveball, that they would have tried to add something with some sideways motion instead of adding another up to down pitch. Hopefully it works for him.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 09:44 PM)

I do think a split finger/2 seamer makes sense though, at least as much as a cutter, simply because the kid is freaking tall, and he'd really be able to get on top of that thing and push it downwards, just like JG.  (Imagine JG with BMac's changeup...he might give up 3 hits all year)

That was the talk a while back, but the Sox have also been really leary on messing with him. They feel so positive about him that they don't want him to lose his release point mixing with other stuff.

I can't say what he's working on right now, but I know it was talked around and Coop had mentioned it in a few interview that they'd likely toy around with another pitch. The main thought was a 2 seamer (not sure about a splitter but I could be wrong) but a cutter is obviously in the relm since the Sox have been teaching it to quite a few players recently.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 1, 2006 -> 11:14 AM)
INteresting.  I would have thought with a decent curveball, that they would have tried to add something with some sideways motion instead of adding another up to down pitch.  Hopefully it works for him.

One nice thing about having a similar pitch with downward action is that he'd really be messing with you. He can throw his changeup with downward action, his curve with more sharp downward action and than if he threw a harder 2 seamer/splitter with some downward action he'd get the same action out of the arm but it would come at ya a lot quicker. I really think that would have guys off balance.

I think we'll see him develop into quite the young star. The maturity of Mac is just so impressive.

What is that?

First, you download a roster update file off the internet. Then, you use a USB cable and a program to transfer the file from your PC to a memory card. Finally, you just stick the memory card in your controller, save the file to your Xbox's hard drive, and load the roster file in MVP Baseball or whatever game you want.