Recruiting Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All signs have pointed to Illinois going after 6'7, 225 pound wing Rodney Alexander of Benton Harbor, Michigan via Redlands Oklahoma CC. Anyways, he was down to Illinois and Tennessee by all accounts, but somebody posted a rumor on the IB that he canceled his visit to Tennessee this weekend and very well may sign with Illinois next week. If true....well he's a wing with good size, and his scholly opens up in 2 years as a JUCO, so I wouldn't mind it.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 08:34 AM)
All signs have pointed to Illinois going after 6'7, 225 pound wing Rodney Alexander of Benton Harbor, Michigan via Redlands Oklahoma CC. Anyways, he was down to Illinois and Tennessee by all accounts, but somebody posted a rumor on the IB that he canceled his visit to Tennessee this weekend and very well may sign with Illinois next week. If true....well he's a wing with good size, and his scholly opens up in 2 years as a JUCO, so I wouldn't mind it.

The Tennessee boards say that UT decided not to bring Alexander in for a visit; they decided not to offer him. I find that more believable than Weber outrecruiting Pearl for a player.

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 03:11 PM)
The Tennessee boards say that UT decided not to bring Alexander in for a visit; they decided not to offer him. I find that more believable than Weber outrecruiting Pearl for a player.

like clockwork.

Jayhawks offer Clarke

Kansas ‘a dream school,’ prep guard says

By Gary Bedore (Contact)

Posted Friday, April 13, 2007

Kansas University basketball coach Bill Self, who is in need of a monster recruiting class in 2008, on Thursday made a scholarship offer to Rotnei Clarke, a 5-foot-11 junior guard from Verdigris High School in Claremore, Okla.

The 170-pound Clarke, who averaged 37.6 points and 9.3 rebounds a game last season — and exploded for an all-time record 60 points against Vian in the state tournament — received a scholarship offer from Southern Cal on Wednesday.

He’s also considering Oklahoma, Arkansas, Arizona State, Tulsa, Marquette and others.

“It’s true. It happened today. It’s a privilege to have an offer from Kansas. It’s a dream school,” Clarke told Rivals.com.

Clarke has scored 2,534 points in three seasons. He’s in reach of Oklahoma state career scoring leader Ty Harman of Maud, who posted 3,619 points from 1985 to ’89.

“I’m not going to let it go to my head. I want to set a good example for younger kids. I look at this as a blessing from God,” Clarke told the Tulsa World after being named the paper’s All-Metro player of the year. He said his goal is to finish the spring and summer AAU season with Team Texas and make a college choice some time after that.

Clarke, who is ranked 107th nationally, is an AAU teammate and good friend of No. 13-rated Willie Warren, a 6-4, 195-pound junior guard from North Crowley High in suburban Fort Worth, Texas.

This kid looks like a Jeff Boschee clone....

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 10:11 AM)

What exactly is your problem?

Good news for IU, bad news for Gage, Peegs is reporting today that by all accounts Hamga is considered an IU lean and could be the next IU verbal for the '08 class... All a rumor at this point but still considered good news.

Also, Devin Ebanks, Rivals No. 11 player in the 2008 class, has cut his list of schools to a final 4: Indiana, Miami-FL, Rutgers and Texas. I like our chances with this 6'7" wing out of Connecticut.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 03:43 PM)
Good news for IU, bad news for Gage, Peegs is reporting today that by all accounts Hamga is considered an IU lean and could be the next IU verbal for the '08 class... All a rumor at this point but still considered good news.

Also, Devin Ebanks, Rivals No. 11 player in the 2008 class, has cut his list of schools to a final 4: Indiana, Miami-FL, Rutgers and Texas. I like our chances with this 6'7" wing out of Connecticut.

ehhhh....the bad news is he's gone from Iowa for sure, but your right I'd hate to see him do good for that Hoosier team I hate on so much. Damn that state of Indiana (first the Colts beat my Bears...now the Hoosiers take Iowa's one top notch prospect).

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 08:34 AM)

He was supposed to visit Indiana last weekend, but the visit never happened. Seems Joey Shaw is going to stick around and it is beleived DJ White will as well, so there was no scholarship available. Didn't know his visit to Tennessee was canceled. Last I heard it was down to UI, Tennessee, Butler and St. Louis.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 06:09 PM)
These 2 late signings really make me feel better about this class. Looks like Bruce has some decent talent to work with. It will be interesting to see the kind of minutes they get next year.

at the end of the day it's a good class. it lacks star-quality so it will be overlooked somewhat, but it addresses the most glaring needs the program had (lack of athleticism, lack of point guard depth, lack of leadership, etc.). overall, i'm satisfied. nice recovery by the staff. i am sure some hard work and many frequent flyer miles went into this one.

Edited by thedoctor

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 07:57 PM)
Weird, I wasn't doubting you. It's just interesting to see we were recruiting for openings that we didn't have.

perhaps it was a hedge in case dj declared. who knows, this recruiting business usually makes little to no sense.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 08:24 PM)
Roe is top 5 actually and was a big lean to UNC for the longest time, Roy Williams was in complete shock when Roe called to let him know it was MSU. He's a great get, very similar to Thaddeus Young in my opinion.

word up this way is that roe wanted to go to carolina but his parents wanted him closer to home.

as for legion, i think he'd be a great fit at ucla with afflalo just declaring.