marcus vick arrested

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 03:16 PM)
Rap music made him do it!

Rap music = oxymoron

Eh, thats a pretty bold blanket statement, and I feel undeserved. Some of it just flat out sucks...most mainstream s*** comes to mind...but some of it is OK.

That's a topic for a different forum in a different thread though. I figure if a thread is to be hijacked that it should atleast be the right subject. :D

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 12:58 PM)
lol Spiff, that comment from him just makes me want to punch him in the mouth. Marcus just might be the dumbest man on earth at this moment, that or he has serious mental problems, and if thats the case, I hope he gets help.

The funny thing is that from what I've heard his bro isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed either, yet aside from the whole "Ron Mexico" thing, you never hear anything about him.

Kiper mentioned that he was grading him out as a 6th round selection but said he wouldn't be shocked if someone grabbed him earlier (kind of like the whole Clarett getting drafted a lot earlier than people expected).

Vick = Deuche

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 12:54 PM)
i tell ya if he fell to like the 4th or 5th round it wouldnt be bad to take him.  If ever wises up, he could be pretty good. If not than you wasted alater round draft pick.

There's been a lot of talk which says he would probably go on the 2nd day if he did fully pull out of college. Unlike Clarett, he has a long history of this sort of trouble, which could really make any team worried about wasting a high pick on him. At least 1 person I heard on ESPN said it might actually be best for him to just try to transfer to another school and see if he can hold it together for 1 year, just to try to rebuild some value for himself.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 04:46 PM)
Marcus Vick=UFA

Book it.

Somehow I just doubt that...if it gets to the last round and he's still on the board, it'd make some sense to go ahead and take the risk on him even with those problems. Unless he's in prison long-term by then of course.

If he does the combines or whatevr he will move up a round or two just because of the athlete he is. If I was the Bears I wouldnt hesitate using a 2nd day draft pick on him.... if he acts mature than its like having an added 1st rounder if he acts like an ass cut him with little affect on your cap room.