Bears 2006 Schedule

Here is a quick rundown of what the 2006 schedule should look like, no dates, just opponents. The NFC North plays out of Division games vs the NFC West, AFC East, and one game vs the NFC South (TB), and NFC East (NYG).

HOME

San Francisco 4-12

Seattle 13-3 *

Buffalo 5-11

Miami 9-7

Tampa 11-5 *

Detroit 5-11

Green Bay 4-12

Minnesota 9-7

AWAY

Arizona 5-11

St. Louis 6-10

New England 10-6 *

NY Jets 4-12

NY Giants 11-5 *

Detroit 5-11

Green Bay 4-12

Minnesota 9-7

Opponents Record 114-142

4 Playoff Teams *

The schedule looks pretty favorable with only 3 away games vs winning teams. They also get Seattle, Tampa, and Miami at home which should help. NE and STL (Dome) will be tough away games. Overall not bad. I can see at least 10 wins again, maybe even 12 (7 home wins, 5 road wins).

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 11:47 AM)
Here is a quick rundown of what the 2006 schedule should look like, no dates, just opponents.  The NFC North plays out of Division games vs the NFC West, AFC East, and one game vs the NFC South (TB), and NFC East (NYG).

HOME

San Francisco 4-12

Seattle  13-3 *

Buffalo  5-11

Miami  9-7

Tampa  11-5 *

Detroit  5-11

Green Bay 4-12

Minnesota 9-7

AWAY

Arizona  5-11

St. Louis 6-10

New England 10-6 *

NY Jets  4-12

NY Giants    11-5 *

Detroit  5-11

Green Bay    4-12

Minnesota 9-7

Opponents Record 114-142

4 Playoff Teams *

The schedule looks pretty favorable with only 3 away games vs winning teams.  They also get Seattle, Tampa, and Miami at home which should help.  NE and STL (Dome) will be tough away games.  Overall not bad.  I can see at least 10 wins again, maybe even 12 (7 home wins, 5 road wins).

I think dates and schedules are needed. Need to see who they play off their bye week. Who they play coming off weak teams and who they play coming off good teams. I'll go based pure off teams though.

HOME

San Francisco 4-12 - Win

Seattle 13-3 * - Loss

Buffalo 5-11 - Win

Miami 9-7 - Loss

Tampa 11-5 * - Win

Detroit 5-11 - Win

Green Bay 4-12 - Loss

Minnesota 9-7 - Loss

AWAY

Arizona 5-11 - Win

St. Louis 6-10 - Win

New England 10-6 * - Loss

NY Jets 4-12 - Win

NY Giants 11-5 * - Win

Detroit 5-11 - Win

Green Bay 4-12 - Loss

Minnesota 9-7 - Win

10-6 record which should be good enough to get in the playoffs. If Favre is back, Packers win that division. Minny is still a darkhorse though.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 11:58 AM)
I think dates and schedules are needed. Need to see who they play off their bye week. Who they play coming off weak teams and who they play coming off good teams. I'll go based pure off teams though.

HOME

San Francisco 4-12 - Win

Seattle  13-3 * - Loss

Buffalo  5-11 - Win

Miami  9-7 - Loss

Tampa  11-5 * - Win

Detroit  5-11 - Win

Green Bay 4-12 - Loss

Minnesota 9-7 - Loss

AWAY

Arizona  5-11 - Win

St. Louis 6-10 - Win

NY Jets  4-12 - Win

NY Giants    11-5 * - Win

Detroit  5-11 - Win

Green Bay    4-12 - Loss

Minnesota 9-7 - Win

10-6 record which should be good enough to get in the playoffs. If Favre is back, Packers win that division. Minny is still a darkhorse though.

4-4 @ home? :unsure:

I doubt the Bears get swept by the Pack next year, Favre back or not.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 12:58 PM)

HOME

San Francisco 4-12 - Win

Seattle  13-3 * - Loss

Buffalo  5-11 - Win

Miami  9-7 - Loss

Tampa  11-5 * - Win

Detroit  5-11 - Win

Green Bay 4-12 - Loss

Minnesota 9-7 - Loss

AWAY

Arizona  5-11 - Win

St. Louis 6-10 - Win

NY Jets  4-12 - Win

Detroit  5-11 - Win

Green Bay    4-12 - Loss

Minnesota 9-7 - Win

I think your Away games seem reasonable though I think the STL game and NYG game will be tough. I was figuring they would lose one of those and the NE game to go 5-3 Away. Your Home games seem way off, 4-4 at home? Even when the Bears finished 7-9 on 2003 they still were 6-2 at home. I figure they will do no worse than 6-2.

If Favre comes back that is a good thing for the Bears. He is not getting any younger, there is no way you can fill that many holes in one season and with a new coach. There is no way GB or MIN win the Division. I figure it will be the Bears at 10 or 11 wins, MIN at 8 or 9 wins, then GB and DET both with about 6 or 7 wins. Minnesota and Detroit both have their problems. All 3 of those teams have new coaches and there is always some type of an adjustment period.

Edited by RME JICO

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 05:58 PM)

HOME

San Francisco 4-12 - Win

Seattle  13-3 * - Loss

Buffalo  5-11 - Win

Miami  9-7 - Loss

Tampa  11-5 * - Win

Detroit  5-11 - Win

Green Bay 4-12 - Loss

Minnesota 9-7 - Loss

AWAY

Arizona  5-11 - Win

St. Louis 6-10 - Win

NY Jets  4-12 - Win

Detroit  5-11 - Win

Green Bay    4-12 - Loss

Minnesota 9-7 - Win

If Favre is back, the Packers win the division? We're getting swept? :lol:

Holy s***, man.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 12:58 PM)

HOME

San Francisco 4-12 - Win

Seattle  13-3 * - Loss

Buffalo  5-11 - Win

Miami  9-7 - Loss

Tampa  11-5 * - Win

Detroit  5-11 - Win

Green Bay 4-12 - Loss

Minnesota 9-7 - Loss

AWAY

Arizona  5-11 - Win

St. Louis 6-10 - Win

NY Jets  4-12 - Win

Detroit  5-11 - Win

Green Bay    4-12 - Loss

Minnesota 9-7 - Win

How are the Bears 6-2 on the road, but 4-4 at home? They have always been a much better home team than road team..

Also, if Favre is back, the Packers win the division? Didn't he play this year, or was that someone just using his name and body?

yeah but the packers almost beat the bears twice this year with a offense with arena league players and Minnesota will actually have a real coach next year, same with detriot.

teams change so much year to year its hard to tell for sure.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 02:55 PM)
yeah but the packers almost beat the bears twice this year with a offense with arena league players and Minnesota will actually have a real coach next year, same with detriot.

Can you give me some reason to think that those 3 teams will hire good coaches and not bad ones? (i.e. Dick Jauron?)

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 05:55 PM)

Almost beat the Bears? Is an almost win a new stat? and which game was that? The first game was 19-7, and the Bears had 2 Interceptions and dominated the whole game, or the second game 24-17 where the Bears were up 24-7 with 9 minutes left in the 4th and the Bears had 4 Interceptions. The Packers scored on a freak 85 punt return in the 4th, but other than that the Bears killed Favre there too.

Brett Favre threw a grand total of zero TDs against the Bears and 6 INTs in 2 games.

GB, Minnesota and Detroit will all have new coaches, and new coaches bring in new schemes and plays, so there will be a learning curve. Yes they will be better, but not next year. Right now who are the QBs in Min, Det, and GB? Culpepper or Johnson, Harrington or Garcia, Favre or Rodgers?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 06:12 PM)
Can you give me some reason to think that those 3 teams will hire good coaches and not bad ones?  (i.e. Dick Jauron?)

New Coaches

Vikings - Brad Childress

Packers - Mike McCarthy

Lions - TBD (Marinelli, Haslett, or Grimm)

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 03:26 PM)
New Coaches

Vikings - Brad Childress

Packers - Mike McCarthy

Lions - TBD (Marinelli, Haslett, or Grimm)

So...do we have some reason to think that any of those guys are the next hall-of-fame coach? I haven't yet. Could be good, but could also wind up quite bad.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 07:09 PM)
So...do we have some reason to think that any of those guys are the next hall-of-fame coach?  I haven't yet.  Could be good, but could also wind up quite bad.

I was just naming them, no one knows if they will be the next Bill Walsh or Marty Morningweg.

QUOTE(soxhawks @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 11:49 AM)
with all the north teams rebuilding with new coaches next year i could see running the table in the division, kind of like the seahawks did this year and getting home field

Since when is Minnesota rebuilding?

New coach, new scheme, and some new players for sure...but they aren't rebuilding.

Bear's easily win the Division next season.

Only Minnesota will be much of a threat if they improve. Lions will pass the Packers next season who will be a league doormat with or without Favre.

The bigger concern will be that we stay healthy for the playoffs and win a few games next January.