Sox Fans Advise: Dan Ryan Messed Up!!

joeynach

QUOTE(J-MAN @ Jan 18, 2006 -> 09:26 AM)
I suggest you get off the Eisenhower at Western - take it to 35th and ride 35th!

Even better get off on Cicero to 31st and go to Home Run Inn for Pizza before the game.

:gosoxretro:

Or go to any of the 3,468 better pizza places instead.

IMO Home Run Inn = :puke

Although that pizza smell was a highlight of my Little League days.....

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 18, 2006 -> 10:50 AM)
Or go to any of the 3,468 better pizza places instead.

IMO Home Run Inn =  :puke

Although that pizza smell was a highlight of my Little League days.....

When I was a kid, I loved this place. I used to watch my dad play softball in Berwyn, and then we would head over to Home Run Inn. Now, its not as appealing. They got too commercialized. Still good though.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 18, 2006 -> 09:35 AM)
No way in hell I would get off at Cicero. That and Harlem are worse then the Ryan will ever be from 3:30 to 7 pm. Last year it wasn't too bad. Took maybe 15 minutes to get from the Ike/Ryan merge to the park in really backed up traffic. The half hour later start will probably make it about the same with the lane closures. I'm really not that concerned about it.

When I'd come in from the western burbs for a game, I'd just park around the State/Roosevelt/Wabash area and jump on the redline. Street parking is pretty easy to come by that time of day and you're paying $3.50 or $4.00 as opposed to 17 - and you don't have to worry about the parking attendants sending you on a route to nowhere on big crowd nights (which looks like it will be often.)

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jan 18, 2006 -> 11:56 AM)
Hmmm... I like the idea of South Shore Line to Red Line.

The South Shore is about to reach its limit for passengers and cars.

They'll be raising rates probably soon, but it takes over 2 years to make a train car.

QUOTE(Damen @ Jan 18, 2006 -> 11:42 PM)
When I'd come in from the western burbs for a game, I'd just park around the State/Roosevelt/Wabash area and jump on the redline.  Street parking is pretty easy to come by that time of day and you're paying $3.50 or $4.00 as opposed to 17 - and you don't have to worry about the parking attendants sending you on a route to nowhere on big crowd nights (which looks like it will be often.)

As a season ticket holder I have parking and I know my way around the park so parking there is not an issue.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 19, 2006 -> 11:05 AM)
As a season ticket holder I have parking and I know my way around the park so parking there is not an issue.

Idonno why people say its bad when there is a lot of people there.... I dont go to a lot of games but the few i have have been 30,000 plus and we came maybe right when the 1st inning was starting and found parking fine no problem at all.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 19, 2006 -> 07:47 AM)
Idonno why people say its bad when there is a lot of people there.... I dont go to a lot of games but the few i have have been 30,000 plus and we came maybe right when the 1st inning was starting and found parking fine no problem at all.

I have never had an issue with parking. Even when I gave my folks the pass for a Cubs game and Krush and I had to park in G and walk a bit. Got right in and out no problem. :huh

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 19, 2006 -> 07:47 AM)

There have 3 or 4 times the last few years when I'd drive to a game with a large crowd, and after directing you towards the lots around 37th street, the attendants would realize those are full, so basically you would be forced to slowly be directed around the neighborhood around the ballpark, only to be sent back to 35th & Shields with no plan to direct you into parking.

If you're not going to direct me into a parking lot, don't direct me to go the same way as every other car just to send me back where I started. By that time, it's already into the second inning, and I could have found parking on my own a long time ago.

I plan on exiting my bedroom, taking a sharp right into the Hallway. From there I will travel down the hall, taking the second left to tje Kitchen. Here, I will load up on snacks and caffeinated beverages. From here, I will exit the kitchen, taking a sharp left. I will circle around the recliner, trying to avoid traffic. At this point I will offramp on to the La-Z-Boy. I will then use my electronic changing device to switch it to channel 39.

Estimated Time of Travel, 1:30.