Rex should retire from NFL football.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 05:07 PM)
Well, think about this, last year the Bears decided they didn't want to spend the money on someone like Warner, and wound up with Orton starting most of their games.  So if that's what they're thinking about, then signing one of those guys as a backup does make sense.  Especially given that there seems to be a good shot at a lot of availble QB's this year: 3 top 10 draft picks, Brees, Kitna, Brooks, Pennington all are floating around.  There's maybe a little glut to the market which could push the price down.

That said...if I'm the Bears, I make the gamble on Grossman again and spend my money elsewhere, just because of how the team performed last year without Grossman.  You fill in the gaps from last year (Tight End, WR, Secondary) with the couple million you have in cap room and a draft pick or two, and if Grossman stays healthy, maybe you can pull off a 14-15 win season if that defense plays like it did for the first 2/3 of last season, and if he can't stay healthy, then maybe Benson and Orton improve a bit and allow you to win 12, make the playoffs again, and then not put Tillman on Steve Smith.

never again

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 01:26 PM)
I have this thread saved in my favorites! I love it!

It's even better now.

I miss crazyman...Congratulations Universe, you win. :D

I bet crazyman is the moron who calls the Boers and Bernstein show at least once a week talking about how the bears will make the next step once they ditch Rex to get Orton back in the mix. Because the 13 regular season games that were won under Rex = smoke and mirrors, while the games won by Kyle Orton were guts and determination.

The only entertainment that Orton gives us when he does his bearded drunk routine all over the city, saw him on TV in the scout seats a few times getting lit. Or when myopic orton fan boys think that he is the QB of destiny and need to convince everyone else of this fact, over logic and sanity.

"That guy" that calls the Score has been loud and proud today. I swear if the Bears win the Superbowl they will all cry that Brian Griese or Kyle Orton could have done it better. 1st and 10 blowhard Skip Bayless has his claws out about Rex right now.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 01:42 PM)
"That guy" that calls the Score has been loud and proud today. I swear if the Bears win the Superbowl they will all cry that Brian Griese or Kyle Orton could have done it better. 1st and 10 blowhard Skip Bayless has his claws out about Rex right now.

Yesterday they kept a Rex completion meter going.

OH MY GOD HE IS O FOR 4. HOW CAN HE RECOVER. WHEN WILL HE THROW AN INTERCEPTION.

The best moronic item of the day, was when one sportswriter stated that he will pick the bears in the superbowl, but if it was the patriots and their evil genius of a coach that he would pick the patriots in a blowout, because if they had 2 weeks to play mind games with Grossman they would turn him into a mess.

Say what you wish about Grossman, but he has the biggest stones of any athlete I have seen. You name me one athlete that goes under the amount of ripage, scrutiny, and calls for his demise than Grossman. Yet the kid steps up, and plays.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Feb 10, 2006 -> 02:07 PM)
I didnt think someone else would have that silly idea.

But then again Rock, SBIMI is a lawyer, the smartest man alive, he bench presses 18 wheelers for fun, and dates all of the victoria secret models at once. Maybe he could be onto something and we are all just missing it.

That reminds me, Crazyman have you told us your IQ yet?

:lol:

Say what you wish about Grossman, but he has the biggest stones of any athlete I have seen. You name me one athlete that goes under the amount of ripage, scrutiny, and calls for his demise than Grossman. Yet the kid steps up, and plays.

no doubt. couldn't agree more. i'm not a big "media" conspiracy person but it seems like other young quarterbacks have been given a pass for their mistakes while grossman's been pretty much hammered every time.

by the time he's done grossman will own every bears statistical passing record and be regarded as the best quarterback the bears have had outside of luckman.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 02:45 PM)
ya this is a crappy thread, but I still want to see Rex and the Bears accomplish the ultimate (win the Super Bowl). Right now we are still one more win away from greatness.

What is possibly crappy about this thread? Check out some of the posts in the 3-4 page range, comedy.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 06:02 PM)
Oh my God, this thread was classic. I can't believe that I wasted time and effort arguing with this mental midget...

After reading through this thread today, I am so happy I wasted my time on this mental midget. I was laughing my butt off at this thread today. And its even funnier that we turned out right, i just wish crazyman were here to eat his heaping pile of crow.