2 Million tickets already sold

KevHead0881

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Ishmookie @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 09:07 PM)
I'm very happy about passing 2 mil alreaduy. I always was envious of watching other parks filled up and the cell only had 20,000. To me its fun to go to a game where most of the park is filled. It's depressing when only 15k show up. GO SOX!

Yeah, but imagine the traffic after the game. With 15k, you could get home so quick. With all these tickets sold it will take forever to leave.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 10:51 PM)
So what will haters come up with now that the park is gonna be full just about every night?

They'll still have that notion of the South Side being a hell hole and that Sox fans a raving lunatics who beat up first base coaches. Believe me, the haters will come up with something.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 09:57 PM)
They'll still have that notion of the South Side being a hell hole and that Sox fans a raving lunatics who beat up first base coaches.  Believe me, the haters will come up with something.

I'll fight them off with a White Sox World Series Championship bat.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 09:51 PM)
So what will haters come up with now that the park is gonna be full just about every night?

the Cubbune with just stick with the "it's a Cubs town, and the Cubs are better. Kerry Wood is going to the Hall of Fame, bla bla bla" routine.

Sox fans have told Reinsdorf for years that if they build a winner, they will put buts in the seats. Glad to see you guys putting your money where your mouth is. I'll have to pick my spots when I can and hope to scrounge up tickets when the time comes, but I'm thrilled tickets are selling so well.

QUOTE(whitesox1976 @ Feb 17, 2006 -> 03:21 AM)
That is terrific!!!  2 million tickets sold and still a ways till the season starts. That's what happens when you win the World Series!

I wonder if 3 million is a possibility?

:gosox1:  :gosox2:  :gosox3:  :gosox4:  :gosoxretro:

If we get out of the gate BIG in April, 3 million is a real possibility. But the HUGE start is key.

QUOTE(whitesox1976 @ Feb 17, 2006 -> 03:21 AM)
That is terrific!!!  2 million tickets sold and still a ways till the season starts. That's what happens when you win the World Series!

I wonder if 3 million is a possibility?

:gosox1:  :gosox2:  :gosox3:  :gosox4:  :gosoxretro:

We've got 10 sellouts before the tickets even go on sale to the public. I think there's a chance. We're not going to have sub-20k games against the D-Rays on a Thursday afternoon dragging down the average either, since we already have somewhere around 21,000 season tickets sold.

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 17, 2006 -> 10:18 AM)
Average 37,038...

Are you on crack?  :bang

Did anyone really think we would have already sold 2 million tickets before a single regular season ticket was sold to the general public? I know its a lot but we all know in Chicago that percieved demand is half of the battle. If people think they are going to miss out on something, they are going to snap up tickets ASAP. I know 3 million is a stretch, but if the boys play big ball early, it could happen.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 17, 2006 -> 10:02 AM)
They don't keep track of the latter.

They may not publish it, but with the impact it has in lost concession revenues, parking, etc. you can bet they track attendance through the turnstile.

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 17, 2006 -> 12:15 PM)
They sure do.

They have to track it by law. There is a maximum capacity, and in case of a tregedy, they need to know how many are there.