Gone before their time

Soxy

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 1, 2006 -> 12:59 AM)
I loved that show but that was on for a while.

Yea they even tried to keep it going when he went to college. He was like in 6th grade when that show started. Boy Meets world hardly counts as being pulled before its time. My favorite episode was when Fred Savage (or Ben, whichever was the wonder years one) played one of Topanga's professors at college and made sexual advances at her, ahh nothing like a little sibling rivalry over a girl.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Freaks and Geeks-One of the best shows ever on TV got screwed over by NBC and cancelled in less than one season.

Undeclared-Created by the same guy who produced Freaks and Geeks and again got moved around and cancelled in the middle of its first season.

Mr. Show-Not sure if this was really cancelled but HBO moved it around and never really gave it a chance to succeed.

Andy Richter Controls the Universe-Not sure what happened here but I remember the episodes I saw were some of the funniest and most creative on tv.

The New Tom Green Show-Lots of people hate him but his late night show on MTV was great and he should be given another chance to do a late night talk show somewhere else.

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Mar 1, 2006 -> 04:01 PM)
Is "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" cancelled?  I heard it was on hiatus.  That show was a f***ing gag.

I liked that show. I was thinking they just had a short season and that it was going to be back, but maybe it won't.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 1, 2006 -> 06:49 PM)
I liked that show.  I was thinking they just had a short season and that it was going to be back, but maybe it won't.

I saw on FX like a couple weeks ago they showed clips from the last season, and clips from FX's other shows.....saying something like "we got the drama, action, and comedy" and when they said comedy they showed the sunny in Philly clips. It was kinda of like a promo to this year on FX.

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Mar 2, 2006 -> 01:28 PM)
I just looked on IMDB.....says they'll be back for more shows...starting this summer....probably June.  Little bit of good news today.

IIRC that, a show with people with eating disorders (Forget what it was called but it was hillarious) and Rescue Me head up there summer lineup.

They also had that show on Iraq but I have no idea if that will be back.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 2, 2006 -> 07:28 PM)
IIRC that, a show with people with eating disorders (Forget what it was called but it was hillarious) and Rescue Me head up there summer lineup.

They also had that show on Iraq but I have no idea if that will be back.

Dunno...but It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is coming back, and Greg Howerton stated that it would be around June until episodes were aired or started filming, don't know which he did not say

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Mar 3, 2006 -> 01:59 AM)
"House" is really not that great of a show, but the character House is probably the best character on tv.  He's great.

If you want to see Hugh Laurie (House) in a very different light and can get to see older British TV, look out for Jeeves and Wooster or better still any of the BlackAdder series'. BTW in case you are not aware BlackAdder also starred Rowan Atkinson in the leading role. A far superiour show to Mr Bean, which I am told was very popular in the US, although I'm not sure why.

QUOTE(DePloderer @ Mar 3, 2006 -> 07:02 PM)
If you want to see Hugh Laurie (House) in a very different light and can get to see older British TV, look out for Jeeves and Wooster or better still any of the BlackAdder series'. BTW in case you are not aware BlackAdder also starred  Rowan Atkinson in the leading role. A far superiour show to Mr Bean, which I am told was very popular in the US, although I'm not sure why.

Brit humo(u)r is quite funny to some people in the States because it is a bit wittier than the Gallagher "Hey folks I got a sledgehammer and a bunch of food to smash!" American blatant laugh-getters.

QUOTE(DePloderer @ Mar 3, 2006 -> 08:02 PM)
If you want to see Hugh Laurie (House) in a very different light and can get to see older British TV, look out for Jeeves and Wooster or better still any of the BlackAdder series'. BTW in case you are not aware BlackAdder also starred  Rowan Atkinson in the leading role. A far superiour show to Mr Bean, which I am told was very popular in the US, although I'm not sure why.

Agreed, BlackAdder is absolutely hilarious. Which one is Hugh Laurie in Black Adder though? The prince? Bolrick? Anyone know if BlackAdder is available on DVD in the US?

Edited by KWs OK for Me

QUOTE(KWs OK for Me @ Mar 4, 2006 -> 01:12 AM)
Agreed, BlackAdder is absolutely hilarious.  Which one is Hugh Laurie in Black Adder though? The prince? Bolrick?  Anyone know if BlackAdder is available on DVD in the US?

In Blackadder series 2 he plays Simon Partridge and Prince Ludwig

in Blackadder series 3 he plays George, Prince of Wales

in Blackadder's Christmas Carol he plays George, Prince of Wales and Lord Pigmot

in Blackadder The Cavalier Years he has a walk on part as a Roundhead

and in Blackadder Goes Forth (final series) he plays The Honorable George Colhurst St. Barleigh.

and yes I am a bit of a Blackadder anorach!

Edited by DePloderer

QUOTE(DePloderer @ Mar 3, 2006 -> 08:22 PM)
In Blackadder series 2 he plays Simon Partridge and Prince Ludwig

in Blackadder series 3 he plays George, Prince of Wales

in Blackadder's Christmas Carol he plays George, Prince of Wales and Lord Pigmot

in Blackadder The Cavalier Years he has a walk on part as a Roundhead

and in Blackadder Goes Forth (final series) he plays The Honorable George Colhurst St. Barleigh.

and yes I am a bit of a Blackadder anorach!

How do you feel about Fawlty Towers? I thought it was pretty funny but not on the level of BlackAdder

Firefly was so badly bungled by Fox. They showed episodes out of order and didn't give it the time it needed to succeed.

I love SportsNight; it was a very smart show.

If "Scrubs" gets canceled like some of you think it will, I'm going to be one angry man.

QUOTE(Balance @ Mar 6, 2006 -> 11:47 AM)
Firefly was so badly bungled by Fox.  They showed episodes out of order and didn't give it the time it needed to succeed.

I love SportsNight; it was a very smart show.

If "Scrubs" gets canceled like some of you think it will, I'm going to be one angry man.

I think the proof that Firefly was bungled was in the reaction to the movie. It was a pretty popular movie when it was in theatres, and it is expected to do well when it hits DVD(if it hasnt already and i missed it)

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 6, 2006 -> 11:50 AM)
I think the proof that Firefly was bungled was in the reaction to the movie.  It was a pretty popular movie when it was in theatres, and it is expected to do well when it hits DVD(if it hasnt already and i missed it)

I watched it on DVD in January.

Serenity was a pretty decent film.