Gone before their time

Soxy

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 02:22 PM)
Emergency!

Scrubs (soon to be cut)

Ren and Stimpy (the original Krikfalusi versions)

Millenium

High Incident

*I'll be impressed if anyone here has seen all five shows

It's on DVD now!!! I still need to pick it up. I used to LOVE Dixie.

The only one on your list I am unfamiliar with is High Incident.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 02:32 PM)
It was on the Reality Channel. I Tivo'd it and watched hours and hours of it at a time. Finished up last Tuesday night. Even Jim was like "Damn that Amy gets on my nerves."

Loved Keith and Tara... Hated the switch ending. Wish Char had given Dave half.

Wish Tony would die a slow painful death.  :ph34r:

What a guilty pleasure. I barely remember much from it. But I lived alone in the middle of nowhere ohio that summer, and all I had was my paradise hotel. What a great concept.

QUOTE(juddling @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 02:25 PM)
yeah...that's why NBC has been burning off the new shows the last few weeks on Tuesday nights 2 at a time.  i think they had a few on Wednesday nights as well.  I'm not sure how many are left but for whatever reason....scrubs is on it's deathbed.

:headshake

:crying :angry:

NBC doesn't know how to handle a good, quality show to save its life.

"Scrubs" has been up and down the TV schedule so many times, it's used to be so hard to find when it was on. No wonder they say the ratings are bad. I think it's the funniest show on TV this side of "Family Guy".

They did the same thing with "NewsRadio", which is why it ended up getting cancelled. I'm surprised "My Name Is Earl" has been tossed around.

Two other shows that were gone too soon: "Early Edition" and "Boomtown"

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 02:43 PM)
What a guilty pleasure.  I barely remember much from it.  But I lived alone in the middle of nowhere ohio that summer, and all I had was my paradise hotel.  What a great concept.

I had never heard of it before. Flipping channels and there it was. I was hooked. I had seen The Love Cruise and knew of Tony (crazy b****) so when I saw her I knew it was going to be good. :lolhitting

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 08:43 PM)
I was always a big fan of The Pretender  :crying

That was the name of the other show i couldn't think of. I loved the Pretender.

i think it was TBS or TNT that did a couple of Pretender tv-movies. the last one was a few years ago. left alot of unanswered questions.

QUOTE(juddling @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 11:47 AM)
one show i always liked was "The Mole" on ABC.  a very well produced show that got hammered by the likes of Survivor.

i also thinks "Scrubs" is getting the shaft too early.  i have the first 2 seasons on DVD and cry laughing every time i watch them.

Is it official they aren't bringing Scrubs back? I started watching it this season and I find it hillarious.

As far as shows for me.

Men Behaving Badly - Freaking hillarious (good old Rob Schneider)

Futurama

Jack and Bobby (I must have been one of the few to ever watch the damn show, but I liked it despite it being on the WB).

QUOTE(juddling @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 12:25 PM)
yeah...that's why NBC has been burning off the new shows the last few weeks on Tuesday nights 2 at a time.  i think they had a few on Wednesday nights as well.  I'm not sure how many are left but for whatever reason....scrubs is on it's deathbed.

:headshake

Wait if your basing on that it may not be the case. I heard a few of the cast on TV and they were talking about it and they said the last word they had was that they were optimistic about being brought back.

This was about 2 weeks ago (heard it on the radio).

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 12:54 PM)
:crying  :angry:

NBC doesn't know how to handle a good, quality show to save its life.

"Scrubs" has been up and down the TV schedule so many times, it's used to be so hard to find when it was on. No wonder they say the ratings are bad.  I think it's the funniest show on TV this side of "Family Guy".

They did the same thing with "NewsRadio", which is why it ended up getting cancelled. I'm surprised "My Name Is Earl" has been tossed around.

Two other shows that were gone too soon: "Early Edition" and "Boomtown"

WTF, they are cancelling Earl? I thought that show was getting good ratings. Everyone I know loves it (myself included).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 03:50 PM)
WTF, they are cancelling Earl?  I thought that show was getting good ratings.  Everyone I know loves it (myself included).

No. They are not cancelling it. I was just saying that I'm surprised that NBC has not abused a great show like that by moving it around the schedule. It's doing well in the ratings and they using it as a lead-in to "The Office."

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 01:17 PM)
I loved "Two Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place" for some reason.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 02:43 PM)
I was always a big fan of The Pretender  :crying

QUOTE(earthshiner @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 02:57 PM)
Titus

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 03:08 PM)
I loved Stacey Keach as the dad. 

I watched the Fox shows "John Doe" and "Firefly" and were kind of upset they were taken off.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 03:48 PM)
Cupid

Freaks and Geeks

agree with all of these. would like to add alias to the list. :crying also in high school used to love this show, 'vengeance unlimited' starring michael madsen. it didn't last long at all however... :angry:

Edited by Goldmember