*Official* MVC Tournament Thread

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back to my hotel after a day full of some good basketball. We played our best game in a long, long time. We actually played aggressive on offense which hasn't happened in ages. I've been hard on Tatum all year but he was absolutely fantastic tonight. Another big key was Jamal Foster, today and the game against UNI he has really extremely well. Foster is the tallest guy we got and he's played some very quality minutes the last few games, he's going to be a huge key tomorrow when Falker gets in foul trouble and he comes in to guard Stout. UNI was not very impressive today even though they won by a comfortable margin, I think we're in good shape tomorrow, we play like we played today and we win with no problem.

As for Bradley-Shocks, you'll see the Braves on Cbs sunday.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 4, 2006 -> 12:01 AM)
Bradley appears to have a case of a bad in game coach.  They have the most talent of any MVC team I've watched, and I'm not even sure it's all that close.  They picked a hell of a time to get hot though.

They're the biggest, most athletic and most talented team in the mvc, no doubt. I will say though, that if our offense is aggressive like it was today, we're going to be fine the rest of this tourny.

Rex, Evansville is going to have a decent team next year. Everyone is back, Matt Webster is a solid player, and Jason Holsinger is a very nice looking freshman.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 4, 2006 -> 01:01 AM)
Bradley appears to have a case of a bad in game coach.  They have the most talent of any MVC team I've watched, and I'm not even sure it's all that close.  They picked a hell of a time to get hot though.

Thats been the knock on Jim Les his entire career at Bradley. The guy can flat-out recruit talent, he just cannot coach a game to save his life. Case-in-point, Bradley right now has not one but two NBA prospects in Sommerville and O'Bryant. They should have dominated the MVC, but they didnt do anything until the last 7 games of the season.

They are a scary team though, I think they can win the tournament if they can put together 3 good games in a row from POB and Sommerville.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 4, 2006 -> 11:25 AM)
They are a scary team though, I think they can win the tournament if they can put together 3 good games in a row from POB and Sommerville.

POB and Sommerville didn't even play that well yesterday, scoring wise. Creighton did a very good job of keeping the ball out of POB's hands. Obviously that'll be a huge factor for them today to actually get O'Bryant the ball. I expect it to be a damn good game but Bradley is to talented and playing to well right now, I think they advance to Sunday.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 4, 2006 -> 01:05 PM)
POB and Sommerville didn't even play that well yesterday, scoring wise.  Creighton did a very good job of keeping the ball out of POB's hands.  Obviously that'll be a huge factor for them today to actually get O'Bryant the ball.  I expect it to be a damn good game but Bradley is to talented and playing to well right now, I think they advance to Sunday.

I agree.

The key for the Salukis again today will be the play of Foster, IMO. he was absolutely huge last night, and if he can bring that kind of intensity and attitude again today, the Salukis should win this game. I really thought he added another dimension to the Salukis, particularly because he played defense so well for an extended period of time. Towards the end of the game, if he wasnt altering shots in the lane, he was certainly blocking them. Now if only Tony Boyle could stop fouling once every 30 seconds(no exageration, unfortunately), the Salukis will have a very different team. Im excited, I think they are raising their level of play right now, and hopefully they can continue on through UNI.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 4, 2006 -> 11:25 AM)
Thats been the knock on Jim Les his entire career at Bradley.  The guy can flat-out recruit talent, he just cannot coach a game to save his life.  Case-in-point, Bradley right now has not one but two NBA prospects in Sommerville and O'Bryant.  They should have dominated the MVC, but they didnt do anything until the last 7 games of the season. 

Replace "Jim Les" with "Wayne Morgan", "Bradley" with "Iowa State", replace "two" with "three", replace "Sommervile and O'Bryant" with "Blalock, Stinson and Clark", replace "dominated the MVC" with "fared well and earned an NCAA berth from the Big 12", and strike out anything after that, and you have the Iowa State Cyclones. :D

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 4, 2006 -> 01:24 PM)
Replace "Jim Les" with "Wayne Morgan", "Bradley" with "Iowa State", replace "two" with "three", replace "Sommervile and O'Bryant" with "Blalock, Stinson and Clark", replace "dominated the MVC" with "fared well and earned an NCAA berth from the Big 12", and strike out anything after that, and you have the Iowa State Cyclones. :D

you could have just said it :P