*Official* MVC Tournament Thread

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(orangekrush88 @ Mar 5, 2006 -> 09:56 AM)
Let's go Egyptian Dogs(How many times have we heard this in the audio for the games? I think it has been said more than Salukis)

Win today and you are in, simple as that.

OMG that guy was pissing me off with tha Egyptian Dawg garbage. He seriously said it every few minutes.

Cheerleader fell off the pyramid during commercial. Stretcher at mid court. I saw this happen at a high school football game this past fall. They had to get a chopper to take her away. Scary stuff.

Ok, so I missed part of this game early in the second half. Enberg has said twice that SIU took over when O'Bryant was sitting on the bench with 3 fouls.

My question is, why in the hell would a team's dominant player be sitting on the bench in the second half with three fouls? Why would you allow a team to go on an extended run with the player who has scored half your team's points sit on the bench with three, NOT FOUR, fouls in the second half???

Bradley's biggest problem has been the on the ball defense by the SIU guards in the 2nd half. Bradley hasn't been able to get into their offense at all, and it's killed them. The defense hasn't allowed them any looks from the perimeter, or a chance to get the ball inside. That and SIU has worn down Bradley on the glass is why SIU is going to get the automatic bid.

That SIU style should give them a shot in the Big Dance, they just need their guards to hit some shots and look out.

Hopefully Bradley gets an at large. They deserve it with their strong finish and RPI, and that combo of Summerville and O'Bryant could give whoever they play problems as well.

QUOTE(Brian @ Mar 5, 2006 -> 08:55 PM)
Cheerleader fell off the pyramid during commercial. Stretcher at mid court. I saw this happen at a high school football game this past fall. They had to get a chopper to take her away. Scary stuff.

Am I a bad person for laughing my ass off when she was doing the cheers? It seemed she was ok, so the fear factor was gone. It seemed like a scene out of a movie. It was almost Rod Tidwell reincarnated.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Mar 5, 2006 -> 03:06 PM)
Ok, so I missed part of this game early in the second half.  Enberg has said twice that SIU took over when O'Bryant was sitting on the bench with 3 fouls.

My question is, why in the hell would a team's dominant player be sitting on the bench in the second half with three fouls?  Why would you allow a team to go on an extended run with the player who has scored half your team's points sit on the bench with three, NOT FOUR, fouls in the second half???

I was thinking the same thing. He got his 3rd fould with 12 mins left and went to the bench. That was when the big run happened and SIU went up double digits.

Last 3 years, we win the MVC regular season and fail in the tourney. Good to see them come through when the had to.

Wish we had a go to scorer. Shaw is a good shooter but is tentative. Tatum is too streaky and out of control sometimes.

Jim Les isnt an in-game coach, he is a recruiter. Enberg was mentioning that Les likes to protect O'Bryant when he gets to 3 fouls, but I dont think he felt he could put POB back into the game when Falker caught fire. Falker was going right at POB and drawing fouls.

SIU really locked it down, I thought Shaw was really good, and Tony Young stepped it up on the defensive side. Shaw pretty much sealed the game for me when he dunked it on the inbounds play, that was huge

God, f*** f*** f*** f*** YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't even know where to begin, but I'm happy as f***, this team was seriously dead last tuesday, they get a big win over UNI, get 6 days off and were just a new team. Hopefully Bryan is ok for next week, he's a gutsy kid and I know he'll play but hopefully he's close to 100 percent.

We're Dancin' :headbang f*** you bubble. :)

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 5, 2006 -> 09:10 PM)
Hopefully Brian is ok for next week, he's a gutsy kid and I know he'll play but hopefully he's close to 100 percent.

Don't worry, I'll be fine. I'm guessing 8 or 9 seed for Salukis.

We're Dancin' :headbang  f*** you bubble. :)

Yippy Ki Yi Yay!!!