White Sox Acquire Infielder Alex Cintron

OfficerKarkovice

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 10:23 PM)
I hate seeing Baj, a favorite of mine, leave this organization.

Why though? He might be a great guy, but he's shown nothing at the big league level, and obviously wasn't in Ozzie's plans. There's been a lot of great guys who just never made it with the Sox.....like Jose Paniagua. :P

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 04:23 PM)
Why are we talking about my teams shortstop?  Please, refresh my memory. 

I never once brought up anything in regards to the Red Sox.  You did.

My reasons for why this is not a fleecing and just an above average move were listed in my original post.  I think it's a hefty dollar amount for someone of Cintron's caliber at his age, and considering he wasn't necessarily needed, I hate seeing Baj, a favorite of mine, leave this organization.

Why is Cintron making $1.6 million considered hefty, but the Red Sox signing a guy with a .319 obp last year, who dipped to 5 homers from 23, perhaps from a lack of special vitamins for $3 million a solid signing? Guys like Gonzalez are going to soon make ticket prices at Fenway even more ridiculous than they are now.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 04:23 PM)
Rock, you should know as well as all of us that the stat packages we see for defense just aren't up to snuff with the ones we see for offense in terms of evaluating talent...yet.  There's only so much you can draw from RF and ZR.

yes, but its the only way to compare. Cintron is not quite the defensive player Gonzalez is, but he isnt that far off, and produces better offensively. Not only that, he is cheaper and younger. But Gonzalez was a good signing and Cintron was above average? Gimme a break. This is a reason why Red Sox fans relate so well with cubs fans. They are both unknowledgeable and retarded.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 10:27 PM)
Why is Cintron making $1.6 million considered hefty, but the Red Sox signing a guy with a .319 obp last year, who dipped to 5 homers from 23, perhaps from a lack of special vitamins for $3 million a solid signing? Guys like Gonzalez are going to soon make ticket prices at Fenway even more ridiculous than they are now.

Wow, I didn't know he went from 23 to 5 homers last year. I always thought he was a potential juicer.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 04:27 PM)

His career OBP is under .300 too.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 04:25 PM)
the conversation seemed to be goin fine until you posted

So my presense alone is what spurred this?

Please, pal. Open your eyes. Fathom and Rock are 100% at fault here. It's clear to anyone with a brain that my post had nothing to do with the Red Sox whatsoever.

I was always told opinions are like asses, everybody has one. I can see now that this isn't entirely true, because there are the fathoms and Rock's of the world who while have opinions on everything and are very outspoken about them, it is completely unfeasible to believe that they have asses. Afterall, they are full of s***.

Gotta love that .687 OPS! That's Neifi Perez territory! :headbang :lol:

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 02:28 PM)
Wow, I didn't know he went from 23 to 5 homers last year.  I always thought he was a potential juicer.

Yet his batting average also went up considerably last year over the 23 home run year. Could very well have been a different hitting approach. But yea, could also have been something else.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 02:30 PM)
Gotta love that .687 OPS!  That's Neifi Perez territory!  :headbang  :lol:

When you have the 3-4-5 combo that Boston has...you can have Neifi Perez clones playing 3 positions, and if they still catch the ball, you won't be all that mad.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 04:27 PM)

Alex Gonzalez is making more than lets say an Alex Cintron because Gonzalez didn't go through the arbitration process as Cintron did.

Being the older player, and that he's more widely known, he's going to be paid more.

Also, he is making 3 million dollars, but at the same time, there are many perks of this deal. For instance he can but cut before the season starts at no cost at all.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 04:31 PM)
Yet his batting average also went up considerably last year over the 23 home run year.  Could very well have been a different hitting approach.  But yea, could also have been something else.

Balta, my friend, you didn't know? Rock cannot be wrong.

- Guns don't kill people, Rock kills people.

- Rock does not sleep. He waits.

- Rock' tears cure cancer. It's too bad he's never cried.

For what Boston already has on their roster, the Gonzalez addition is fine. He's a much better fielder than Cintron, no question about it. What frustrated myself, and others I believe, is that you came on here acting like Cintron was this old veteran who's awful and paid a fortune. If the White Sox acquired him to start on the infield, then that would have been a bad deal. However, as a reserve, Cintron is definitely a solid player.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 04:34 PM)
Sorry RNW, I know you arent full of s***.  You are the best baseball mind ever.

Posted on: Dec 26, 2004 -> 10:33 PM

"First off Vizcaino is better than Politte...Hermanson too..."

One of many where you were spot on.

zing

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 04:36 PM)
Balta, my friend, you didn't know?  Rock cannot be wrong.

- Guns don't kill people, Chuck Norris kills people.

- Chuck Norris does not sleep.  He waits.

- Chuck Norris's tears cure cancer.  It's too bad he's never cried.

i fixed that f or ya....pretty original

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 04:34 PM)
Sorry RNW, I know you arent full of s***.  You are the best baseball mind ever.

Posted on: Dec 26, 2004 -> 10:33 PM

"First off Vizcaino is better than Politte...Hermanson too..."

One of many where you were spot on.

I liked Vizcaino alot. Politte and Hermanson had incredible seasons last year. I was wrong. I'm sure if I kept track of everything you said and had all the time in the world to look back at it, I could find many things you said to be flat out wrong too.

- Rock has two speeds. Walk, and kill.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 04:39 PM)
I wondered where his big brain got that?

no kidding before we tlak about who is saying what or who is starting stuff or who is arguing...lets just take note of the fact that rednwhite is using Chuck norris jokes and subbing rock's name in. now please rednwhite...tell me how that is helping this board

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 04:36 PM)
For what Boston already has on their roster, the Gonzalez addition is fine.  He's a much better fielder than Cintron, no question about it.  What frustrated myself, and others I believe, is that you came on here acting like Cintron was this old veteran who's awful and paid a fortune.  If the White Sox acquired him to start on the infield, then that would have been a bad deal.  However, as a reserve, Cintron is definitely a solid player.

How did I come on here acting like Cintron was 'this old veteran who's awful'? I can see where you'd think I thought he was paid more than the 1.6 he's making, but in all seriousness, as Jas pointed out earlier, 1.6 for someone of Cintron's caliber isn't cheap.. at all.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 04:41 PM)
no kidding before we tlak about who is saying what or who is starting stuff or who is arguing...lets just take note of the fact that rednwhite is using Chuck norris jokes and subbing rock's name in. now please rednwhite...tell me how that is helping this board

It's going hand in hand with the argument we are having.

Now answer this. How is giving oral to Rock helping this board?

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 04:42 PM)
It's going hand in hand with the argument we are having.

Now answer this.  How is giving oral to Rock helping this board?

i never once said anything about rock

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 04:41 PM)
1.6 for someone of Cintron's caliber isn't cheap.. at all.

How so? He is about as good as your teams starting SS, and could start for several Major league teams. Hows is he not worth a little over what Timo f***ing Perez made last year? Please enlighten me.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 04:40 PM)
Hey RNW.  If you are such a White Sox fan, since your other team won the World Series this year, why dont you change your avatar to reflect that?  I mean, 2004 was 2 years ago.  Why not celebrate this year's champ?

I did my celebrating the night of with this board, and then at the parade that Friday. I skipped school and felt the repercussions that following Monday.

Need I do more? if you want, I'll snap a photo with my World Champions t-shirt.. or I could take a picture of this $400 dollar 2005 White Sox team signed framed picture set for you/

Edited by redandwhite