White Sox Acquire Infielder Alex Cintron

OfficerKarkovice

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 11:01 PM)
see payroll from 2005 vs Payroll 2006 or you could look at attendance from both seasons for comparison as well.

Rock...this is getting scary. We're typing like the same thing at the same time.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 05:00 PM)
Maybe you or your buddies at Rotoworld can name a few better back-ups since he is an average one.

Rotoworld has some great contributing writers. Such as the guy from mlbtraderumors.com who had all of these insider rumors that never every panned out. Remember how one of those insider rumors was exactly like a post that someone put on this website a week before that said his father was one of the Whitesox owners. It was pretty much verbatim quote of the soxtalk thread on mlbtraderumors. The minute some of us saw that, we dismissed that site, and now I have some reservations on any site that uses that guy as a writer.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 05:03 PM)
Rotoworld has some great contributing writers.  Such as the guy from mlbtraderumors.com who had all of these insider rumors that never every panned out.  Remember how one of those insider rumors was exactly like a post that someone put on this website a week before that said his father was one of the Whitesox owners.  It was pretty much verbatim quote of the soxtalk thread on mlbtraderumors.  The minute some of us saw that, we dismissed that site, and now I have some reservations on any site that uses that guy as a writer.

Do you remember when I wrote him an email about a trade rumor we made up, and it was mentioned slightly on his site the next week? That guy is a joke.

QUOTE(Felix @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 05:02 PM)
To be honest, its not really his fault for posting something, then trying to defend himself when everyone else criticizes him.  He's right that Cintron is overpaid, since he's going to be nothing more than a bench player.  Does that matter?  According to JR and KW, no.

I agree. Same old BS. It certainly appears as if people here want to discuss the Red Sox more than I do.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 05:04 PM)
Do you remember when I wrote him an email about a trade rumor we made up, and it was mentioned slightly on his site the next week?  That guy is a joke.

Hence why mlbtraderumors.com is a worthless site. The guy uses fanboards as his source for rumors. Half the stuff we come up with here are "wishes". Imagine if this guy comes here in late June/July when chaveztalk starts up again.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 05:04 PM)
Do you remember when I wrote him an email about a trade rumor we made up, and it was mentioned slightly on his site the next week?  That guy is a joke.

I think it was found out that that 'guy' was actually like 16 or 17 years old, a junior in high school, and living with his parents.

What a dork.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 11:06 PM)
Hence why mlbtraderumors.com is a worthless site.  The guy uses fanboards as his source for rumors.  Half the stuff we come up with here are "wishes".  Imagine if this guy comes here in late June/July when chaveztalk starts up again.

June/July? I'm expecting it after opening night if Crede goes 0-4.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 03:06 PM)
I think it was found out that that 'guy' was actually like 16 or 17 years old, a junior in high school, and living with his parents.

What a dork.

Whoa Whoa...that sounds like me when I was doing SoxNet. Aside from the whole dork part. :D

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 05:02 PM)
Well, IMO, that depends on 2 things...1 Baj's performance, and 2. your definition of a fleecing.

If Baj works his way down to an ERA of 3.00 or lower at some point in the next few years, which he has the talent to do IMO, then this trade could look pretty fair.  But if Baj can't get it below 5, getting anything for him is pretty much a fleecing.

The White Sox troublespot is their bullpen. That Baj's area. If the White Sox had even the slimmest hope Baj could be effective, this trade would not have been made. Cintron is a luxury. They had a good bench before this move, now it has to be considered one of the best. Considering the dopes the Sox had last year riding pine, its a huge improvement. KW still needs to work on the bullpen.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 05:08 PM)
Whoa Whoa...that sounds like me when I was doing SoxNet.  Aside from the whole dork part.  :D

:lol:

Well, there's no way with how you've turned out that you were going around decieving people with made up trade ideas, making up false personalities, and being an all around pain in the ass.

Please tell me I'm right. Ha. :P

Not true, he knew your rumor was total made up B.S., Rock. He got in touch with me and told me.

He is not as connected as he sometimes comes across but he has sources that are better than anyone's at this site.

He prints rumors, they are just that, rumors.

I would say about 5% of what is actually talked about by baseball execs (rumors) actually come true. There are way too many variables from the start to finish of a trade, too many things can go wrong.

Witness: Mackowiak and Cintron. KW was after both of them for a minimum of 18 months each.

QUOTE(JimH @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 05:12 PM)
Not true, he knew your rumor was total made up B.S., Rock.  He got in touch with me and told me.

He is not as connected as he sometimes comes across but he has sources that are better than anyone's at this site.

He prints rumors, they are just that, rumors. 

I would say about 5% of what is actually talked about by baseball execs (rumors) actually come true.  There are way too many variables from the start to finish of a trade, too many things can go wrong.

Witness:  Mackowiak and Cintron.  KW was after both of them for a minimum of 18 months each.

Jim-wet blanket

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 03:10 PM)
The White Sox troublespot is their bullpen. That  Baj's area. If the White Sox had even the slimmest hope Baj could be effective, this trade would not have been made. Cintron is a luxury. They had a good bench before this move, now it has to be considered one of the best. Considering the dopes the Sox had last year riding pine, its a huge improvement. KW still needs to work on the bullpen.

I'm really not sure "Troublespot" defines our bullpen, especially given how much work we expect the starters to get this year. If the Sox have a "troublespot" it's the bullpen, but I can think of probably 28-29 teams that would like to have a troublespot like the one we have.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 11:09 PM)
23 pages and counting...good stuff...

Shouldn't you be watching the Big East Tournament today? That's right, DePaul's not in it. Just kidding..... :P

Not to change the subject, but you think Mejia and Chandler will come back?

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 03:11 PM)
:lol:

Well, there's no way with how you've turned out that you were going around decieving people with made up trade ideas, making up false personalities, and being an all around pain in the ass.

Please tell me I'm right. Ha.  :P

But 3/4th's of the posts on here are made by one of my personalities.

Safely I can say I do my best to report what I know and aside from bad grammar, I'm pretty accurate.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 05:12 PM)
living in Lombard.

I don't know where he lived, but he was called out on the Red Sox board I post at, as he created an account and tried to pass of the ideas as rumors.

Initially an 'unsubstantiated rumors' thread was created, and then I believe he ended up being banned.

QUOTE(JimH @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 11:12 PM)
Witness:  Mackowiak and Cintron.  KW was after both of them for a minimum of 18 months each.

That's absolutely true. As I mentioned earlier, when KW wants you, he's going to keep going after you. However, the same is true in that if Ozzie doesn't like you, good luck making the team (Munoz and Baj).