CHW vs. OAK 3/13/06

hi8is

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like he's coming back to earth.  Atleast he didn't walk anybody.  That's the main thing I look at.

He's not walking anyone and getting a good number of strikeouts but he's also giving up too many hits. Eric Chavez is a great hitter but he's also a lefty. We need a second lefty that can get those good lefties out.

well, if one good thing came from today it was borchards homer and double while gload went 0-5.  sweeney, fields and borchard leading the sox in spring training home runs i believe...

I'm all for keeping Gload on the roster and trading Borchard now since we added Cintron. Mackowiak can focus on primarily being the fourth outfielder. Ozuna and Gload could serve as fifth outfielders (not that I want to see them out there), where they really wouldn't get much playing time anyways because Mackowiak can play RF, CF, and LF. Borchard would have the most trade value to net us a decent reliever if he keeps hitting.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 07:23 PM)
Yeah, a home run off of a 28 year old pitcher who has only 4 innings pitched above AA easily has him in the driver's seat.

funny you say that, last time i checked, borchard and gload faced the same pitchers today. so i guess gload has to be the worst player ever since he cant get a hit off a 28 year old with 4 innings above AA.

funny you say that, last time i checked, borchard and gload faced the same pitchers today.  so i guess gload has to be the worst player ever since he cant get a hit off a 28 year old with 4 innings above AA.

I think his point was that Spring Training stats don't mean much for anyone. Meanwhile, Borchard has struggled in the majors and Gload has actually produced in the majors. He probably weighs regular season stats much more than ST stats, and rightfully so.

QUOTE(SnB @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 08:43 PM)
really happy to see Thome coming out strong this spring, it should really put all of the injury questions to rest.

I never had any. Kenny has earned every bit of trust I could possibly give him. No way he makes the trade if he isn't 100% sure Thome would be healthy.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...tesox-headlines

Extra innings

Joe Borchard hit a three-run homer Monday, and he knows scouts are in the stands in case he becomes trade bait. "If it works out here, that would be great, but if not, that's the way it goes," he said. … Outfielder Ross Gload ran into the left-field wall trying to make a catch Monday and was on the ground for a few minutes. He remained in the game.

Nice to see that teams are actually scouting Borchie. Gload in the outfield. :ph34r: