How's your bracket?

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Mar 16, 2006 -> 09:57 PM)
Only 3 wrong so far:

I picked Seton Hall (boy was I wrong!)

Nevada

NC-Wilmington (that could've gone either way).

Also, picked Wisc-Milw.  which I'm happy about.

So far, so good.

Thats basically me, except I got Marquette wrong, not NC-Wilmington :P

I also picked Seton Hall over Tennessee, so yea.. ouch :(

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Mar 17, 2006 -> 03:16 AM)
I got Marquette,  Nevada and Seton Hall wrong.  I went against my better judgement and took Marquette over Alabama.  Something inside me told me to go with Bama.

Friggin' Alabama got so damn lucky. Jean Felix averages 8.1 PPG over the year, and is a 34% shooter on the year, yet manages to shoot 8-11 from the field (all his makes were threes, I believe), and 7-8 from the line.

Ah, well -- tis the nature of the beast. Guys get hot, make some shots, and before you know it, 40 minutes is over.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 16, 2006 -> 09:52 PM)
Friggin' Alabama got so damn lucky.  Jean Felix averages 8.1 PPG over the year, and is a 34% shooter on the year, yet manages to shoot 8-11 from the field (all his makes were threes, I believe), and 7-8 from the line.

Ah, well -- tis the nature of the beast.  Guys get hot, make some shots, and before you know it, 40 minutes is over.

True, Felix shot out of his mind today. But I knew Alabama had a big edge inside over Marquette. Jermareo Davidson went for like 24 and 13? And they had a pretty significant edge on the boards overall. Anyway, Marquette will be damn good if they can bring in a decent big or two. James and McNeal are OUTSTANDING.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

I got hurt big time with Marquette. They were my crazy pick for the year, so I'm down an Elite 8 team right now. Outside of that I only lost Montana.

Late games screwed me a bit. Indiana pulled it out against my upset Sweet 16 team, and Cuse blew it. The latter doesn't really bother me since I had them going out in the next round anyways, and I probably wouldn't have picked Cuse if I had known that G-Mac's groin was bugging him that much.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

12-4. Not terrible, especially considering I didn't lose any Sweet 16 teams.

I'm just pissed that I didn't pick Wichita. How funny -- I switched the Wichita game in my other bracket (to Wichita winning), and I forgot to do it in the online one. Oh well...

Tomorrow, for me, is a pretty straight-forward day. No real big upsets -- I have a couple nines beating eights (Wiscy over Zona, UAB over KU, Bucknell over Arkansas), and I pretty much flipped a coin on NCState-Cal, but other than that, I have the higher seeds winning.

My make or break game will be Saturday, UWM vs Florida. I have UWM making it to the Sweet 16, and I'm not sure a whole lot of other people can say that (relatively speaking). If UWM pulls that one out, I'll be in good shape.

Well, I went 11-4 (12-4 if Washington holds on), but lost Seton Hall, who I picked to knock off Tenn in the second round. I'm pissed off that I changed the A&M/Syracuse game, which I originally had A&M winning, but changed last night. Either way, I had LSU knocking off the winner of that game, so I don't lose much.

pretty average day, either 11-5 or 12-4, depending if Utah St. pulls this one out.

but I do have my sweet 16 still in tact fully, so can't complain too much.

Thank god for BC and IU pulling it out late.

Edited by SnB

I went 13-3. 2 of the 3 teams I had winning that lost (Winthrop and Nevada) I had losing in the 2nd round, and Marquette I had losing in the sweet 16. So 15 of 16 and all elite 8 teams left, good day. Woulda been a GREAT day if Marquette and/or Winthrop could have pulled out games that went to the wire.

Without a doubt the worst and most frusterating tourny day of my life. I had so many close calls: Pacifc, SDSU, Xavier, Winthrop, UNC Wilmington. At this point I just wanna kill someone. That being said I still am ok, because I didn't lose anything too big. As long as my final four stays in tact, I'll be good to go.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 17, 2006 -> 01:11 AM)
Without a doubt the worst and most frusterating tourny day of my life.  I had so many close calls: Pacifc, SDSU, Xavier, Winthrop, UNC Wilmington.  At this point I just wanna kill someone.  That being said I still am ok, because I didn't lose anything too big.  As long as my final four stays in tact, I'll be good to go.

Wow, did you pick any high seeds to win outside of the number 1's? :P

My bracket looks bad...