Latest on the green seats?

GreatScott82

I heard Brooks Boyer talking about the green seats during yesterdays game. He mentioned that not all the green seats will be installed by the 2006 season. What won't be installed? He said the upper deck will be fully green. Anybody have the latest pics of the Cell?

QUOTE(PaleHose4Life35 @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 01:19 PM)
I'm pretty sure the only seats that aren't green are the ones from both foul poles to the beginning of both dugouts.  I'm not 100% positive but pretty sure.

That seems like it will look ugly. But, I will wait to see the ballpark to make final judgements.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 06:52 PM)
That seems like it will look ugly.  But, I will wait to see the ballpark to make final judgements.

On the plus side, it seems like it will be rare to see any seats this year. I think they will be filled.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 07:09 PM)
Won't the seats be done by Opening Night?

No, because the playoffs cost them a month of work so it won't all be done. Or that's what I thought the case was.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 05:50 PM)
Ohh that's stupid. Over 5 months isn't enough? :huh

I read something somewhere about the cold weather not allowing them to work because the bonding agent they use wouldn't hold in that weather.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 07:50 PM)
Ohh that's stupid. Over 5 months isn't enough? :huh

http://www.environmentalhomecenter.com/sho...de=AFM_CAULKING

Always have adequate ventilation. Make sure the surface is dry. Do not apply when the temperature is below 55° F or when the area to be caulked is in direct sun or hot to the touch. Heat causes the caulk to cure too quickly and may prevent adhesion.

So it has to be 55 degrees or more, dry, and out of the sun. So in a word, no, 5 months wasn't enough, because how many days of those 5 months fit the discription at which you could apply caulk?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 07:36 AM)

So it has to be 55 degrees or more, dry, and out of the sun.  So in a word, no, 5 months wasn't enough, because how many days of those 5 months fit the discription at which you could apply caulk?

Wasn't there a thread about this earlier or am i thinking of another site?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 08:36 AM)

So it has to be 55 degrees or more, dry, and out of the sun.  So in a word, no, 5 months wasn't enough, because how many days of those 5 months fit the discription at which you could apply caulk?

Hmm I didn't know they used caulk, I figured that the seats were bolted down. And I doubt there have even been 10 days when its been dry and over 55 degrees since the end of the World Series so I guess it makes sense now..

There was a guy on the other board who put them in. He said it was all pretty much done in house,and that why it took longer. There is also another theory that the seats down the left and right field line,are going to be installed at a slant.(See Petco field) He also said there a different seat sizes. Look on the bottom of the new seat and there is a #. :gosox3:

Edited by That funky motion

I was in the park on saturday and most of the park has been turned green with exception of the seats between the foul polls and the end of the dugout. Those are still blue. My understanding is that after this year, the entire park will be filled with green seats.

the only question is, when do they add teh golden box seats?