PARKING! WHAT PARKING?

J-MAN

We had a fantastic time at the game last night but where the heck are the cash lots?

Memo we received said Lots F & L would be cash lots so when we got there at 4:30 for a 7:05 game thought we would get into Lot F.

They were shuttling us to IIT at 4:30.

We parked on the street over by Ashland and as we walked to the game asked the Sox staff by lot F what the heck was going on - said F was to be a cash lot but before the game they were told passes only.

This means Lot L which isn't exacly close and tiny at that is the only cash lot!

I know it's neat the Sox are winners but they are making it so only options are to buy season parking (even if you aren't planning to be at all the games) or public transportation!

QUOTE(rudylaw @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 06:14 PM)
When I purchased my tickets for the game tomorrow April 4th I also purchased a parking pass at the same time.  It is a green pass so I can only park in lots F & L.  I was wondering how it worked.  What if the lots are full already?  Am I out my $17 that I paid for parking?  I live in Peoria so it is quite a drive and I am planning at getting to the park at about 11:00 or so, I sure as hell hope they don't tell me to go park at IIT.

There was plenty of room in the lots for parking passes ! You shouldn't have a problem!

Problem is there is no cash parking!

QUOTE(J-MAN @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 01:17 PM)
You would think that 2 and a half hours before game time would be early!!!!

I got to the lots around 4PM and was able to park in Lot L with cash. One lady told me lot F but they directed me over to Lot L. It seems like there were a ton of spaces, but they must have held them for parking passes.

QUOTE(rudylaw @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 12:14 PM)
When I purchased my tickets for the game tomorrow April 4th I also purchased a parking pass at the same time.  It is a green pass so I can only park in lots F & L.  I was wondering how it worked.  What if the lots are full already?  Am I out my $17 that I paid for parking?  I live in Peoria so it is quite a drive and I am planning at getting to the park at about 11:00 or so, I sure as hell hope they don't tell me to go park at IIT.

Just get there aearly, we had no prob yesterday. Then cmon over and find the orange car in Lot F!!!

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 02:40 PM)
They were taking cash at Lot F, problem was, it was full by 3:15/3:30

Thats not true. I got there at about 3:15/3:30, came in off of Stewart via Pershing and had no problem at all getting into lot F and paying my 18 bucks. The lot was barely 1/4 full when we got there too. I am not sure when that lot filled up, wasn't paying attention.

Just have to get there early for games that are as big as this one was, it was worth it just for the atmosphere anyhow.

I also had some parking issues. My brother and I got there around 4 and they sent us to 37th and Princton (the gravel parking lot). We came up from Canal on the opposite side of the park and most of the lots were parking pass only. So one thing I learned about this year is you have to buy buy a parking pass if you want to park in one of the closer lots.

But besides that, the ceremony was awesome! I never heard the crowd so loud before when they envieled the 2005 World Series banner on the light tower. What a great show! Go SOX! 1-0

We were stopped by police at 37th and Normal and told to go to IIT. I knew there was NO way the cash lots were full at 4:30pm so we ignored their directions and jogged down a block to 38th. From there, we were directed into the 1/2 full Lot F. I think the traffic cops were directing people to IIT to clear up traffic. Thank god for most games I'll have a parking pass for the north lots.

QUOTE(rbloom03 @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 02:56 PM)
We were stopped by police at 37th and Normal and told to go to IIT.  I knew there was NO way the cash lots were full at 4:30pm so we ignored their directions and jogged down a block to 38th.  From there, we were directed into the 1/2 full Lot F.  I think the traffic cops were directing people to IIT to clear up traffic.  Thank god for most games I'll have a parking pass for the north lots.

We got there about 3:45 and the dumb security people directed us down to the entrance on 37th for Lot F and then told us we couldn't get in there. So we went around and parked in the church lot. Should have just parked there when we went past but didn't know that the Lot F was so full.

I have parking passes for the rest of my games so will be so much easier!