2005 Sox Players

hi8is

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Apr 15, 2006 -> 07:42 PM)
Yes.. I have a Rowand Jersey. Yes I like his ethic, but is he in the top 6 CF's in the game... NO!

Defensively...easily....offensively, probably not.

Sizemore

Jones

Hunter

Edmonds

Beltran

Those are 5 guys I'd no doubt take over Rowand (money being equal). I'm sure there are at least a few more, but thats adding offense into the equation.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 16, 2006 -> 01:25 AM)
Defensively...easily....offensively, probably not. 

Sizemore

Jones

Hunter

Edmonds

Beltran

Those are 5 guys I'd no doubt take over Rowand (money being equal).  I'm sure there are at least a few more, but thats adding offense into the equation.

None of those guys come close to Aaron, not close. Sorry. :)

Look I loved Aaron as much as the next person, but he's still got some serious flaws to his offensive game that need improving such as his plate discipline.

For the money he's making, he's pretty much an excellent CF for a lot of teams though. And the Phillies is no exception.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Apr 16, 2006 -> 09:50 AM)
Look I loved Aaron as much as the next person, but he's still got some serious flaws to his offensive game that need improving such as his plate discipline.

I don't think anyone is denying that, but the same is said for Torii Hunter. Hunter isn't much better on offense, if at all, and thats what is being argued.

QUOTE(Felix @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 12:19 AM)
I don't think anyone is denying that, but the same is said for Torii Hunter.  Hunter isn't much better on offense, if at all, and thats what is being argued.

Torii's at least got the runs on the board though.

I'll say this, if Aaron Rowand gets back to where he was in 2004 in the 2nd half offensively, he's better than Torii Hunter.

And he should get himself a very nice contract at the end of 2007.

The Duke went 5.2 today giving up 6 runs 3 of them by Jason Grimsley who has been hanging sinkers at a alarming rate. The Duke also K'd 8 with some filthy breaking balls changing speeds well from 66-91 to bad Grimsley ruined it. Viscaino had a dominating inning with 2K's. It is hard to believe the Dbacks lead the Majors in K's (101) this Bullpen outside of Grimsley has pitched very well. I didn't think the hitting would be the reason why we are 5-7. I will be in attendance tomorrow when Barry Bonds comes into to town.

On Wednesday,

Rowand was 2-5 with a run scored and a K, and is batting .345 for the season.

The Big Hurt was 1-4 with a solo shot. He now has 4 HRs and is batting .188 on the season.

Crazy Carl had a walk off homer, was 2-5 with 2 runs and 3 RBI. He now has 3 HR and is batting .231 on the season.

• 1 month later...