Where do you stand on Barry Bonds?

greasywheels121

Where do you stand?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you stand?

• I like Barry, and I believe he's never taken steroids.
    • I like Barry, but I believe he's taken steroids.
    • I don't like Barry, but I believe he's never taken steroids.
    • I don't like Barry, and I believe he's taken steroids.

Im probably the few who likes Barry. And why because yes he did use steroids but that only helps your power not your eye contact, he has to make contact with the ball in order to put the ball out of the yard. Regardless of his future hes one of the best hitters and will be a hall of famer.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 06:12 PM)
Im probably the few who likes Barry.  And why because yes he did use steroids but that only helps your power not your eye contact, he has to make contact with the ball in order to put the ball out of the yard.  Regardless of his future hes one of the best hitters and will be a hall of famer.

ok but even before the steroids he was ALWAYS a good hitter with a high average. So adding the steroids just added the homers - obviously. His higher average comes from the fewer at bats he gets over the course of a season - a direct result of the homers which are a direct result of the steroids...

yes is is/was one of the best hitters but he will not be in the Hall. Rightly so.

i like Barry, and believe he has taken steroids. I do not believe that he has gotten a fair shake just because of his personality. If he had a personality like Mark Grace and taken steroiods no one would have gone after him this hard, or even at all.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 06:25 PM)
yes is is/was one of the best hitters but he will not be in the Hall.  Rightly so.

dead wrong. so dead wrong.

even if you take out his "steroid years" he still would have gone at least 500/500.

i also love him.

QUOTE(soxhawks @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 05:44 PM)
i like Barry, and believe he has taken steroids.  I do not believe that he has gotten a fair shake just because of his personality.  If he had a personality like Mark Grace and taken steroiods no one would have gone after him this hard, or even at all.

If he weren't a racist asshole, as opposed to just another moody superstar, I may have warmed up to him as well.

I voted I don't like Barry, and I believe he's taken steroids.

But I don't think its right to suspend a player or erase his records for past actions. Under that precedent would you also take away McGuire's records? Would you extend it to Sosa because the corked bat? If so, would have to do Albert Belle who was caught during a game and Ken Harrelson who openly admits on TV that he corked bats. Forfeit all the Red's games played under Pete Rose? It’s a can of worms that should be left unopened.

What is done can not be undone, the reader will judge the worth of Bond's HR records against Henry Aaron's or Babe Ruth's. I think you clean up the game on a go forward basis, as baseball seems to have been done.

Him and Griffey were 2 of my 3 favorite players (along with Frank) as a kid. One decided to to cheat the game and all it's fans, and the other fought through injury issues and is going to end up with 600 homers even despite them. Bonds is an embarassment to himself and the sport as the grand jury documents show, a miserable human being, an arrogant prick, and most importantly has no respect for the REAL heroes of the game.

I don't hate Bonds because he's black, I hate him because he's the biggest piece of s*** in terms of on the field and cheating I've ever seen. He could have been the first (and only) 500/500 player and 1st ballot hall of famer without cheating, and he STILL did. That's the most pathetic part of it all. It's a shame that he has already passed his godfather and may pass the greatest of them all, Hank Aaron, because of HGH.

Look now I'm wrong A LOT, but I can say with 100 percent confidence that if you like Barry Bonds, you either have no respect for the history of baseball and it's records, or your ignorant about the game of baseball. The worst part is you can't erase or take away his records....it's proven through these books and grand jury documents and such that he no doubt was on all kinds of s***, but since Bud and his group of fools didn't decided to test for the s*** until it was too late, all you can say to all those that have lots records is tough s***.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 04:12 PM)
Im probably the few who likes Barry.  And why because yes he did use steroids but that only helps your power not your eye contact, he has to make contact with the ball in order to put the ball out of the yard.  Regardless of his future hes one of the best hitters and will be a hall of famer.

There are multiple reports that taking steroids can also help sharpen your visual acuity. Now, since there's no one out there giving gigantic doses of steroids and placebos to 100,000 people and testing their eyes simultaneously, I can't prove this...but it's been reported more than once. It's even said in Game of Shadows somewhere that as Bonds started taking them in 98-99 (right around the time his expanding bicep blew out) he also noticed his eyes getting sharper.

I always loved watching Barry as a player. His off the field poor attitude doesn't affect me as a fan of the game. However his blatant cheating and lying about it has, which is why I wish he would crawl into a hole and leave the game alone.

For the Bond supporters out there, I have the same feelings about McGwire and Sosa so don't come to me saying I hate Barry because he's a jerk. I could careless...