Sox v. Kansas City, 4/7/06, Garland v. Affeldt

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 01:49 AM)
:headshake

The man is a utility infielder. He's never looked good in the outfield. He's misplayed 2 crucial fly balls in this game which have allowed KC to tie the game. How many other teams do you see with an infielder playing in the outfield in their 4th game of the season?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 09:48 PM)
Guess we should of gotten rid of Freddy Garcia before last year's playoffs after he stunk it up versus the Royals right?

Well, first of all, I never said we should get rid of Garland. I said that I was glad we didn't get rid of him in the offseason in a sarcastic way, and it was partly serious and partly joking. I don't believe Garland can match his numbers last year, and because of that, I do think he should have been traded before this year when his trade value was at its highest to bolster the farm and bullpen.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 08:50 PM)
Still doesn't make up for your terrible play in LF.

i'm not gonna call it a terrible play, the conditions do seem pretty harsh.

Though saying that, a backup outfielder should make that play. Robbie's going to get a ton of playing time because he's the only solid defensive OF option off the bench. (I really wish gload could play OF well)

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 07:51 PM)
I haven't heard that anyone was warming up.  Ozzie may throw him out there for one more inning and yank him.  He's thrown 89 pitches.

Unfortunately mlb.tv hates me and I can't watch this right now. :angry: If Jon has only thrown 89 pitches, I'd bet he'll be back out there knowing Ozzie.