Clemens 300th tracker

southsider2k5

I hope someone ... Giambi maybe ... pulls a "Babe Ruth" and points to CF before knocking it out there.

No #300 today.

Tigers have tied it up at 8.

I hope Clemens loses about 9 in a row then blows out his arm. Great pitcher, but :fyou him.

This will (hopefully) work out perfectly. Clemens kicks the Scrubbies ass on Saturday, and he makes them cry like little b****es, and then they face us, they are still crying, and we make them our b****es!

Win all 6 this year! Salvage some pride!

Didn't the Red Sox just let him go for nothing?

That's how I saw the story unfold. ESPN just did a piece on his career, I think Red Sox fans hate him because he was doing well with the Jays, but wasn't happy there and got himself sent to NY.

Clemens is/was no traitor. Dan Duqutte, the BoSox GM at the time, thought Clemens was washed up and offered him and insulting contract. The fact that he has been successful in Yankee pinstripes is what galls BoSox fans.

A similar situation to the Rocket, that comnes to mind is the White Sox and Robin Venture. The Sox insulted him with a contract offer of about 40% of his market value and he left. When he came back to Comiskey in a Yankee uniform, he got a standing O from the Comiskey faithful. They/we don't consider Ventura a traitor. I think it's unfair to consider the Roket one, also.

Then again, I know Cub fans that still consider Maddux a traitor. Laughable, but true.