White Sox vs. Tigers 12:05 p.m. CT

HeGone33

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 12:18 PM)
This, while a nice summary, basically means nothing this early in the season.

The telling stat is that the Sox have scored 36 runs in 7.5 games. Which equates out to about 4.5 runs per game. Our primary leadoff hitter (the guy who should be crossing homeplate the most) has scored one run. I'm not too worried about our offense as a whole, but I am very worried about Pods.

However Gooch has been on base like crazy. So all is for naught.

My only concern with Pauly not hitting with RISP is that Pauly and Thome are a dangerous tandem. And if Pauly is not hitting ,they will just walk Thome. If Pauly is hitting they will pitch to Thome.

QUOTE(SoxRock05 @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 12:19 PM)
A.  J.  Pierzynski reaches on force attempt, missed catch error by  Unknown (0), assist to first baseman Chris Shelton.    Paul Konerko to 3rd.    Jermaine Dye to 2nd. 

MLB GAMEDAY?

I luuuuuvvv Game Day. :wub:

Unless Konerko is really struggling you just cant put men on base in front of him. The risk versus reward is just to high because in general Konerko and Thome are about as dangerous in any 1 at bat.

Another problem with walking Thome is match up dependent. Today you have a lefty in Robertson so it would be very unconventional to walk the lefty Thome to get to the righty Konerko.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 12:23 PM)
Did Anderson swing at ball 4 in that AB or no?

The coaching staff need to help him with his batting. The kid has the tools, he just needs to shorten it up a bit. I read today that Brian was trying to hit the ball 500 feet when was up with men on in the Royals series. They should be drilling line drive, line drive in his head.