Game Thread - 04/14 Vazquez vs. Downs

BigSqwert

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greg775 @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 09:45 PM)
If Oz gives up on Anderson, is Owens or Sweeney an option?

Owens and Sweeney are putting up numbers like Anderson is right now.. except in AAA.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 08:45 PM)
If Oz gives up on Anderson, is Owens or Sweeney an option?

I don't think Mack or Ozuna are the answers.

I'd rather have Anderson in there than those two.

I'd rather have Mackowiak over Ozuna. Ozuna is not an outfielder. Owens and Sweeney are both struggling in Triple-A, last I checked, so I'm not sure either of them are ready.

Man, the Anderson hate is unreal around here. Give the dude half a season at least. If he's battling the mendoza line in July, fine, make a trade, demote him, whatever. But to say he's toast the 2nd week of the season seems pretty rediculous to me.

If KW had your attitude he would have dumped Jermaine Dye last May. Have some patience.

Griffey? I too hope that is a joke. Not only does he have no range in CF anymore--possibly the worst "every day" defensive CF in the bigs. In the last 4 seasons he's play more than 90 games once. ONCE! The most games he played was last year at 128. He's already been taken out of game this year with a knee injury. He's 36 years old, and makes way too much money. I'll pass.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

What the hell do you guys expect Anderson to do? He's a rookie. I expected him to struggle A LOT his rookie season, with a lot of strike outs. Not many rookies come up and automatically adjust to major league pitching. He has a lot of potential but you have got to be patient with him.

Give the kid some time, jesus christ.

CWSOX45

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Apr 15, 2006 -> 01:47 AM)
Griffey?  I too hope that is a joke.  Not only does he have no range in CF anymore--possibly the worst "every day" CF in the bigs, but he's now an average hitter, and cannot stay on the field at all.

If Griffey is an average hitter, I don't want to know what you think about our LF, CF, and SS.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 08:47 PM)
Man, the Anderson hate is unreal around here.  Give the dude half a season at least.  If he's battling the mendoza line in July, fine, make a trade, demote him, whatever.  But to say he's toast the 2nd week of the season seems pretty rediculous to me. 

If KW had your attitude he would have dumped Jermaine Dye last May.  Have some patience.

Griffey?  I too hope that is a joke.  Not only does he have no range in CF anymore--possibly the worst "every day" CF in the bigs, but he's now an average hitter, and cannot stay on the field at all.

Yes, as I said before, the idea of trading for Griffey was a joke.

We CAN'T wait till July to make a decision. He hasn't shown me ANYTHING in his two trips to the majors that he can do anything at the plate. Again, Jermaine Dye is a proven MLB hitter, Brian Anderson isn't. Plain and simple.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 09:49 PM)
If Griffey is an average hitter, I don't want to know what you think about our LF, CF, and SS.

You have a point, but I, for one, never want to see him in a Sox uni.

QUOTE(Felix @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 08:48 PM)
Nope, they are prospects, just like BA.

It was sarcasm.

People aren't even giving Brian a chance. He's replacing one of the most popular guys on the team, coming in for a world champion and is having some trouble. I'll say now, he'll get a hit tonite.

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 08:48 PM)
What the hell do you guys expect Anderson to do? He's a rookie. I expected him to struggle A LOT his rookie season, with a lot of strike outs.  Not many rookies come up and automatically adjust to major league pitching.  He has a lot of potential but you have got to be patient with him.

Give the kid some time, jesus christ.

CWSOX45

Fine, give him time. Just not on the Major league roster. Send him down to AAA for a month and let him work out his problems. Sure, he has TONS of potential; the game against the Mariners' King (AKA Felix Hernandez) was a show; he doesn't belong on the MLB roster at this point in time.

Also, it would be a different situation if he were atleast hitting the ball and getting out all the time, but he has tons of K's.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 09:50 PM)
It was sarcasm.

I figured as much, but I thought I should reply because I think some people really think that.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 09:50 PM)
People aren't even giving Brian a chance. He's replacing one of the most popular guys on the team, coming in for a world champion and is having some trouble.

I agree completely :cheers

I was/am a big Rowand fan, but I'm supporting Anderson as much as I can (he's sucked on the year, but that was expected).

Edited by Felix

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 15, 2006 -> 01:51 AM)
Nice K by Vazquez. Hillenbrand was seeing him well.

Yep, he made a good pitch there. Vaz's curve isn't as sharp as it was last game, but he has better location on his fastball.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 07:49 PM)
Yes, as I said before, the idea of trading for Griffey was a joke.

We CAN'T wait till July to make a decision. He hasn't shown me ANYTHING in his two trips to the majors that he can do anything at the plate. Again, Jermaine Dye is a proven MLB hitter, Brian Anderson isn't. Plain and simple.

If the Sox had that same mentality you possess, that means that all of the young players came up through our system would be long gone. That means we wouldn't have Robin Ventura who started off terribly as a rookie, along with guys like Crede, Garland, Cotts and plenty of others who struggled as rookies. You have to give you guys like Anderson time. It's too early to give up on him.

QUOTE(mmmmmbeeer @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 09:53 PM)
This may have already been mentioned, haven't read the entire thread, but is this game blacked out for everyone on Extra Innings?  What station is the game on in Chicago, WCIU?

yes and yes