Pray for The Ugly One

Winning Ugly

...as my company just laid off 7 agents in my department.

The only good thing is I am the only one in my position as Systems Analyst, but they could easily let me go as well and have the Quality Assurance Manager do my job.

If that happens, at least I'll get 2-3 months of severence pay. Would be kinda sweet to hang out at home for a good month before looking for work.

The only good thing is I am the only one in my position as Systems Analyst, but they could easily let me go as well and have the Quality Assurance Manager do my job.

If that happens, at least I'll get 2-3 months of severence pay. Would be kinda sweet to hang out at home for a good month before looking for work.

Good luck dude. That month at home, without work gets boring really fast.

I don't know if I would be that confident. The job market sucks dick right now. I have been looking for a better job for the entire 10 months that I have been where I am at and can't find a thing. Good luck man!!!

I don't know if I would be that confident. The job market sucks dick right now. I have been looking for a better job for the entire 10 months that I have been where I am at and can't find a thing. Good luck man!!!

You said better job. If he gets laid off, obviously he is going to just take the best job he can get.

You said better job. If he gets laid off, obviously he is going to just take the best job he can get.

Well considering I am in a company that is the bottom of the industry, any job would be a better job. Plus I was in Ugly's position last year after the great company that I worked for got bought and a bunch of people got laid off. It is just a brutal job market right now.

Well considering I am in a company that is the bottom of the industry, any job would be a better job. Plus I was in Ugly's position last year after the great company that I worked for got bought and a bunch of people got laid off. It is just a brutal job market right now.

Ouch. Yeah I guess I should really appreciate my career. :cheers

We moved south so my wife could take a new job. There was nothing in the deal for me so I'm currently looking. I'm in "age discrimination" territory. The economy where I live now is pretty brisk, but nothing has shaken loose for me yet. Everyone in this boat today has my best wishes.

Update.

Well the Senior VP just met with all of us, and confirmed with us that there will be no more layoffs this year. Might change come January 1, 2004, but at least I am safe the next 7 months.

Besides, the people they let go were all on written warnings for attendance, performance, etc.

WHEW!!!!

Update.

Well the Senior VP just met with all of us, and confirmed with us that there will be no more layoffs this year. Might change come January 1, 2004, but at least I am safe the next 7 months.

Besides, the people they let go were all on written warnings for attendance, performance, etc.

WHEW!!!!

luckily it wasn't for too much internet usage :lol:

Update.

WHEW!!!!

Myself and the rest of the engineers were told the same thing (no impending layoffs) by the company I used to work for...my boss was laid off 2 weeks later (it's been 7 months and he still hasn't found work) and the rest of us were given notice of being laid off two months after that. I, luckily, landed a job before being laid off.

In other words, don't be so quick to believe management that there won't be layoffs.

Update.

WHEW!!!!

Myself and the rest of the engineers were told the same thing (no impending layoffs) by the company I used to work for...my boss was laid off 2 weeks later (it's been 7 months and he still hasn't found work) and the rest of us were given notice of being laid off two months after that. I, luckily, landed a job before being laid off.

In other words, don't be so quick to believe management that there won't be layoffs.

Yeah when our company got bought out they told us it was to preserve our jobs because we were going to be big enough to compete in our industry. A year and a half later only 3 of the 30 people who used to work for us, still work for the new owners.