Sox vs Royals 4/19

IlliniKrush

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(bmags @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 07:01 PM)
its amazing vaz can ever give up 5 runs in an inning when he's got that stuff...I'm imagining a Contreras like 2nd half from him this year.

That's long been the knock on Vazquez. He'll look unhittable for a few games, and then he'll give up 8 runs in 4 innings, etc. Some insurance runs would sure be nice this game.

QUOTE(bmags @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 07:01 PM)
its amazing vaz can ever give up 5 runs in an inning when he's got that stuff...I'm imagining a Contreras like 2nd half from him this year.

If he pitches like Count did man we would be awesome. It would be like having three 1 starters and two 2's.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 07:04 PM)
That's long been the knock on Vazquez.  He'll look unhittable for a few games, and then he'll give up 8 runs in 4 innings, etc.  Some insurance runs would sure be nice this game.

he kept it in control and then some in his last year in Montreal

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 07:05 PM)
Any pitcher with a 80 mph fastball can have a good ERA pitching in Montreal.

he didn't have those blowout games fathom... I had him on my fantasy team last year and he was always good for points...i don't remember him really screwing me ever...he has to pitch on the road too.

edit: last year = 03 or

Edited by bmags

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 01:07 PM)
9 of our 12 outs have been on pop/fly outs.

This is the same MO he has had against us. He throws a crappy high fastball and we try and hit it hard and all we do is get underneath and put it straight up.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 02:06 PM)
If it's a strike what's the prob??  I ain't watching the game so I don't know.  Sometimes the first pitch is the best pitch you'll see.

When a guy is struggling to find the zone in the 1st two innings I would prefer that the batters work the count a little. Maybe get a couple more walks and then a big hit.

Edited by BigSqwert