Twins @ White Sox Game Thread - 4/23

aboz56

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 02:51 PM)
It is amazing that the Sox have 7 runs and Thome, Konerko, Dye are a combined 1-9.

I was just thinking that. Amazing how balanced this lineup is.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to just see him taken on now Rowand, although I don't disagree with you.

It's a good oppurtunity to get the struggling bullpen some action, like Matt/Cliff like you said, and it's an opportunity to get Jose out of a great game with a very low pitch count--that should help him in September.

QUOTE(KWs OK for Me @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 02:02 PM)
On the pregame Cooper said that Thornton's unavailable today, something about soreness in the back.  Said he wasnt available yesterday either

Interesting, I did not know that.

Just got home and turned the game on (actually, right before BA launched his homer) and I have a few questions:

1) How has Jose looked tonight? His numbers look decent, but how he has actually pitched?

2) Uribe's homers: how far were they? Did he actually crush them? Or just barely get a hold of em?

Thanks!

QUOTE(KWs OK for Me @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 02:02 PM)
On the pregame Cooper said that Thornton's unavailable today, something about soreness in the back.  Said he wasnt available yesterday either

hmm, i must have just missed that on the pregame, i thought it was pretty fun he said Jose could be 50 but as long as hes throwing strikes no one cares, and that he thinks Jose's best years are ahead of him.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 08:05 PM)
Just got home and turned the game on (actually, right before BA launched his homer) and I have a few questions:

1) How has Jose looked tonight? His numbers look decent, but how he has actually pitched?

To show how good Contreras is now, I think it's safe to say he didn't have his best stuff/command today. He struggled at times to throw his fastball where he wanted. His forkball has been erratic also today.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 02:06 PM)
To show how good Contreras is now, I think it's safe to say he didn't have his best stuff/command today.  He struggled at times to throw his fastball where he wanted.  His forkball has been erratic also today.

yea i agree, but he is still dealing

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 03:06 PM)
To show how good Contreras is now, I think it's safe to say he didn't have his best stuff/command today.  He struggled at times to throw his fastball where he wanted.  His forkball has been erratic also today.

Well then, either the Twins are just really, really bad at the plate, or Contreras is very very good on the mound. Thanks.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 02:06 PM)

He hasn't had anywhere near his best command today. He's fallen behind a lot of hitters and has pitched over it. Like you said, it just shows how good this guy has become.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 08:08 PM)
Well then, either the Twins are just really, really bad at the plate, or Contreras is very very good on the mound. Thanks.

It's a mixture of both....but Contreras still has above average stuff even when he's not on. Never in a million years would I have thought he could pitch like he has without his forkball working.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 02:08 PM)

Contreras is one of the best pitchers in the league. Maybe the best righty.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 08:09 PM)
A combination of both.  The Twins offense has not improved much since last season even if they said it did all offseason.

Having Stewart and Castillo out really hurts their offense though. Those are two very tough outs.