White Sox @ Mariners 4/26

Rowand44

Saying that you would rather have Sizemore starting in LF over Podsednik is not being negative -- it's being realistic.

No it isn't. We can't get Sizemore so why even care about that?

I wish we had Rowand instead of Pods, tho Pods has been hot lately.

What? The entire point is that Sizemore in LF and batting leadoff is better than Podsednik in LF and batting leadoff.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 11:20 PM)
Greg...we're not talking about actually acquiring Sizemore.  This is a decade old argument we've had with jphat that he'd rather have Pods as a leadoff hitter than Sizemore.

overall I would rather have sizemore. but for our situation, I kind of have to agree with jphat.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 04:20 AM)
There is a big reason why  ozzie is the manager of the world champions  and your padding your post count whining in a forum.

Did I miss something? Last time I checked, Uribe went hitless in the series.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 10:20 PM)
Greg...we're not talking about actually acquiring Sizemore.  This is a decade old argument we've had with jphat that he'd rather have Pods as a leadoff hitter than Sizemore.

And you bring it up all the time like I care. Is there a reason you two keep bringing it up over and over? Is that all you got?

Greg...we're not talking about actually acquiring Sizemore. This is a decade old argument we've had with jphat that he'd rather have Pods as a leadoff hitter than Sizemore.

Oh, OK, sorry bout that.

I would prefer last year's Pods. But I fear he may be about done.

Like you said if he can only steal 50 percent of the time we're screwed.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 04:21 AM)
overall I would rather have sizemore.  but for our situation, I kind of have to agree with jphat.

How? I simply can't FATHOM how anyone who knows a lick about baseball would say that.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 04:22 AM)
And you bring it up all the time like I care. Is there a reason you two keep bringing it up over and over? Is that all you got?

I've cut down on about 90 pct of my comments to you at the request of people I respect on this board.

bagdad_bob_large.gif

Ozzie never makes mistakes. He made water into wine last week, for the rest of the year we will play scrubs and will win every game. If we do happen to lose a game, its because I want to make sure that the other teams dont file an antitrust lawsuit for perfect team.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 11:22 PM)
How?  I simply can't FATHOM how anyone who knows a lick about baseball would say that.

I dont care for an all star team. I care for a winning team. Thats like saying you would rather have Vitor Martinez over AJ. I would agree, but not for our situation.