Royals @ Sox

Heads22

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 7, 2006 -> 08:28 PM)
That was actually a real good pitch especially because he had been throwing him all breaking balls.  Joe is just good, real good.

The thing is, Crede's at his least dangerous when he has 2 strikes, and just throws his bat at the slider. With an open base, if I'm the manager, I make him hit a slider. Dessens has a very good slider, and Crede wasn't taking healthy swings at it.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 7, 2006 -> 02:28 PM)
That was actually a real good pitch especially because he had been throwing him all breaking balls.  Joe is just good, real good.

Yeah, pretty obvious they were trying to set up the in-tight fastball to jam him.

Elmer just didn't make the pitch, plus the fact that Joe bears down like a maniac in that situation.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 7, 2006 -> 02:29 PM)
The thing is, Crede's at his least dangerous when he has 2 strikes, and just throws his bat at the slider.  With an open base, if I'm the manager, I make him hit a slider.  Dessens has a very good slider, and Crede wasn't taking healthy swings at it.

Nope, but he was also fighting them off the outside corner, it was a good up and in heater and Joe just beat him.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 7, 2006 -> 08:30 PM)
Nope, but he was also fighting them off the outside corner, it was a good up and in heater and Joe just beat him.

Trust me, I'm not complaining. I also wanted to show that I'm capable of criticizing other managers besides Ozzie. My philosophy was that with an open base, if Crede put that slider into play, it wasn't going to be hit hard. Dessens has always been a slider pitcher, and his fastball is his #2 pitch.

The thing is, Crede's at his least dangerous when he has 2 strikes, and just throws his bat at the slider.  With an open base, if I'm the manager, I make him hit a slider.  Dessens has a very good slider, and Crede wasn't taking healthy swings at it.

Exactly. Great AB by Crede but Dessens was stupid to stop throwing sliders off the plate. Crede was fishing for them.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 7, 2006 -> 03:31 PM)
Robinson should have a error for that ball he butchered... ahh good ol' mlb.

But he dove, if he would have caught it, it would have been a web gem. HE DOVE!!11