Frank Thomas Injured?

Rooftop Shots

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 12, 2006 -> 04:36 PM)
Yep. I've never been to Cooperstown, but I'm certain that I'll make the trip for his induction. As is the case for several others, he's the reason I am a Sox fan.

I plan on being there when he's inducted. I can't wait.

Bob

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 12, 2006 -> 05:25 PM)
Shocking

Frank was taken to a hospital after the game and diagnosed with having sand in his vagina.

The Big Skirt has been doing that s*** for 5 years now. f*** him. Everything good he did for the organization was more than cancelled out by his big mouth. If and when he ever makes the hall of fame I hope they send his sorry ass in an A's uniform. We dont want anything to do with him anymore.

Nuke, while I normally like your posts, you are full of s*** here. Frank is and always will be and giant tool. However, he was the key to the 90's renaissance of this franchise. And aside from Shoeless Joe Jackson, the greatest player in franchise history. The only thing bad I would like to see happen to him would be for him to go permanently mute.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 12, 2006 -> 06:25 PM)
If and when he ever makes the hall of fame I hope they send his sorry ass in an A's uniform. We dont want anything to do with him anymore.

Just to reiterate what everyone has said here, what the hell are you talking about?

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 12, 2006 -> 06:36 PM)
I've never been to Cooperstown

Neither have I. I really need to get out there someday.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 12, 2006 -> 10:25 PM)
The Big Skirt has been doing that s*** for 5 years now. f*** him. Everything good he did for the organization was more than cancelled out by his big mouth. If and when he ever makes the hall of fame I hope they send his sorry ass in an A's uniform. We dont want anything to do with him anymore.

Nuke, maybe people will agree with what you're saying if you type in caps lock and swear some more. It always seems to work, so maybe it'll work here.

I live a little over an hour from Cooperstown, so I'm there about once a month. It's a thrill every time.

As far as Frank's concerned, 1) the HOF picks what's on the hat, so Nuke's SOL, and 2) if I were capable of that kind of venom, I'd reserve it for somebody who DIDN'T want to play for my favorite team, not for somebody who did.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ May 14, 2006 -> 05:54 PM)
Would you doubt them if it was Mark Buehrle being inducted?

Mark Buerhle doesn't whine about money.

Mark Buerhle doesn't trash the team.

Mark Buerhle isin't a selfish, loud-mouthed asshole.

Any questions?

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 14, 2006 -> 06:58 PM)

Any questions?

I have a question: How great of a guy can he be if he doesn't inspire you to learn how to spell his name correctly?

Here's what I know about Frank:

Frank Thomas probably helped the Sox win more ballgames than any other player in Sox history (it's either him or Appling).

Frank Thomas wanted to play his entire career with the White Sox.

Frank Thomas is the only player to have at least twice as many homers as the runner-up in any franchise's history.

Considering Frank's biggest fault was not being cordial enough to people whom I will never meet, I really have a hard time understanding how a group of fans who had no prior experience rooting for a world-class hitter in their team's uniform could take everything so damn personally.

Buehrle seems like an all-around great guy, but let's see what happens when contract discussions come up. He is a loudmouth (how many times has he brought up wanting to be a Cardinal so far?), but it hasn't truly come back to bite him yet.

Mark Buehrle might not even sniff the hall of fame, and were dissing a man who IS the greatest sox player in history just because he's not Ken Griffey Jr./Aaron Rowand-like in attitude? Ridiculous.

I've said it a million times when Frank comes back here, if he plays, I will be one of the ones standing up and cheering when he comes up to the plate. He is an ambassidor to the game. I still will never forget when he and Griffey being the biggest backers in the steriod issue and Frank clearly saying at the time to be one of the first testers (as a matter of fact, the sox organization were the first testers in the steriod issue) He loves the sox. he did everything he can to help his team win, was outstanding with the fans (still have his autographed baseball and baseball card from years ago) and was not an asshole. (except to KW not JR who he respects and admires alot) I can go on and on, and something tells me when it's all said and done I'm going to have to.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 14, 2006 -> 06:37 PM)
I doubt any of you actually go to Cooperstown to watch Frank get inducted.

:headshake

You can't be serious Boz. Do you seriously doubt that I'd go?

And that is a pretty lame point to be even making in this thread.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 14, 2006 -> 10:37 PM)
I doubt any of you actually go to Cooperstown to watch Frank get inducted.

You Frank bashers bring up the dumbest arguments against those of us who have supported him.

"You guys are so stupid 'cuz you like Thomas and would rather have him than Thome."

"You guys like him, but none of you are actually gonna go see him get inducted."

"I hope he wears an A's uni into the HOF!"

Fine, you don't like him. Just, please, stop spewing useless crap on the subject, like you guys have been doing for the past five months.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 12, 2006 -> 04:45 PM)
Shocking news, and obviously a big loss since as Frank would tell you, he's better and less injury prone than Thome.

I'd also like to point out that wsf101 was the one who started the s***-stirring in this thread with this dumbass post (hehe, what else is new?). You guys bring it upon yourselves, really...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 14, 2006 -> 08:52 PM)
You Frank bashers bring up the dumbest arguments against those of us who have supported him.

"You guys are so stupid 'cuz you like Thomas and would rather have him than Thome."

"You guys like him, but none of you are actually gonna go see him get inducted."

Fine, you don't like him. Just, please, stop spewing useless crap on the subject, like you guys have been doing for the past five months.

I'd also like to point out that wsf101 was the one who started the s***-stirring in this thread with this dumbass post (hehe, what else is new?). You guys bring it upon yourselves, really...

Great post Keith. They're really the only ones saying anything about Frank anymore. I can't think of a time where any of us brought up Frank first; it's just them that continue to harp on all of that for some reason, whenever they see the name Thome or something. All we're doing is responding to their great posts.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 14, 2006 -> 07:52 PM)

:notworthy But, I thought admins were always right?

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 14, 2006 -> 05:58 PM)

Any questions?

Your annoying, whining venom is exactly what you hate about Frank.

lol @ the Frank defenders, so silly. Oh, and you say it's my fault for stirring the pot like I care CWSGuy, which I don't. I couldn't care less, and why would anybody go to Cooperstown to see Frank be inducted? He will probably just rip the organization like he always does.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 15, 2006 -> 03:20 AM)
lol @ the Frank defenders, so silly. Oh, and you say it's my fault for stirring the pot like I care CWSGuy, which I don't. I couldn't care less, and why would anybody go to Cooperstown to see Frank be inducted? He will probably just rip the organization like he always does.

Apparently you care enough to respond back to me. Good try, though. ;)

Maybe you should just stick to your "insight" on college basketball...

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 14, 2006 -> 11:20 PM)

For someone that doesn't care, you sure do talk a lot.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 14, 2006 -> 10:20 PM)

Damnit, I don't know why I get sucked into this s*** all the time. Anyway, how exactly did he rip the organization again? I'm still waiting for somebody to explain this to me. But let's say I agree with you for just one second. Are you a part of the organization? No. You're a fan. Therefore you shouldn't be offended. Until Frank starts ripping Chicago and the fans (something he's never done before), you've got no legitimate beef.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ May 14, 2006 -> 10:29 PM)
Damnit, I don't know why I get sucked into this s*** all the time. Anyway, how exactly did he rip the organization again? I'm still waiting for somebody to explain this to me. But let's say I agree with you for just one second. Are you a part of the organization? No. You're a fan. Therefore you shouldn't be offended. Until Frank starts ripping Chicago and the fans (something he's never done before), you've got no legitimate beef.

I'm not offended, he wasn't saying anything about me, however for Frank to go out like a baby towards the organization that brought him up, paid him and treated him like a king, and won him a world series ring while he couldn't walk.....was a bit sad. And if you don't know what specifically what he said about the organization, then you clearly werent' paying attention.

And yeah I talk a lot about it, simply because I'm baffled at the Frank defenders. You can defend his numbers as a player (which need not be defended to be honest), but his personality is indefensible and I can't believe people try to do it anyways.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 14, 2006 -> 10:20 PM)

A lot of Sox fans who grew up watching baseball in the 90's became Sox fans because of him. Just because you don't like him for your own reasons doesn't mean you have to b**** about Thomas every f***ing time his or Thome's name are brought up. This is the modern day attendance thread, the next time you see Frank's name posted on the site do us all a favor and just ignore it because most people are getting sick of reading your bulls***.