GAME THREAD 5-17-06 SOX vs RAYS

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 18, 2006 -> 11:38 AM)
f***ING CORPSEBALL! Jon Garland sucks! All baseball games are decided in the first 3 innings!

Oh I'm sorry, I've been in another rom for like an hour, did anything change?

We should just start the game threads from the 4th inning onwards.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 17, 2006 -> 06:40 PM)
Considering how bad this team has been for so long, we really should have seen Delmon Young by now and really what is the reason for having Lugo at SS. Even if Upton is f***ing brutal with the glove he could most definately produce for them at SS.

Well, that won't be happening for a while now will it?

Anywho...the move by the D-Rays actually makes some sense. If you'r enever going to be able to afford to hold onto free agents, you should stockpile your rookies in AAA, keep getting top draft picks, and then unleash them all within a year or two. That way you try to make your team as good as it can be before you start losing them all to FA.

The cavs have the "so called" second coming of MJ. The pistons don't have any marketable stars on their team, I don't see why the refs would favor them over the cavs. LeBron vs D-Wade would make for a good storyline next round:)

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 17, 2006 -> 08:41 PM)
We should just start the game threads from the 4th inning onwards.

If we did that then we couldn't rip on the jackasses who whine and cry about corpseball after a couple of scoreless innings now could we????

QUOTE(El Barto @ May 17, 2006 -> 07:43 PM)
The cavs have the "so called" second coming of MJ. The pistons don't have any marketable stars on their team, I don't see why the refs would favor them over the cavs. LeBron vs D-Wade would make for a good storyline next round:)

Yep. It's all about the $$$$$$$. More LeBron = more $$$$$$$$$

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 18, 2006 -> 01:40 AM)
Considering how bad this team has been for so long, we really should have seen Delmon Young by now and really what is the reason for having Lugo at SS. Even if Upton is f***ing brutal with the glove he could most definately produce for them at SS.

Like I said, my source sees more Durham games than anyone. Upton is amazingly bad with the glove. Delmon Young likely would have come up later in this season, but now they'd look like assholes if they called him up to the majors in the next few months. Tampa's biggest issue was not trading some of their players when they could have gotten good value, and they held out for ridiculous offers.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 17, 2006 -> 08:42 PM)
Well, that won't be happening for a while now will it?

Anywho...the move by the D-Rays actually makes some sense. If you'r enever going to be able to afford to hold onto free agents, you should stockpile your rookies in AAA, keep getting top draft picks, and then unleash them all within a year or two. That way you try to make your team as good as it can be before you start losing them all to FA.

I never said it wasn't for the best, I just said it was a trend. It really does suck though that they're holding back such amazing talent, I want to see them now damnit.