GAME THREAD 5-17-06 SOX vs RAYS

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder where all those people are who claimed Garland would eventually settle down.

I said it once, I'll say it again....last year was a great year for JG, but a lot of it was sort of fluky. His ERA and WHIP this year will be lower than they are now eventually, but they will be more along the lines of his career numbers, NOT what we saw last year.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 17, 2006 -> 07:07 PM)
Josh Towers has a career 4.5 ERA, how do you feel about him?

about the way soxtalk collectively feels about garlands 4.5 for this game so far.......not good

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 17, 2006 -> 07:07 PM)
Josh Towers has a career 4.5 ERA, how do you feel about him?

I dont even know who he is, so I can't say anything about him without watching him pitch.

But a career 4.5 ERA is not terrible in my book.

Terrible/pathetic is Jose Lima's 5.24 ERA over 233 career starts.

Rocket base hit.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ May 17, 2006 -> 07:09 PM)
I wonder where all those people are who claimed Garland would eventually settle down.

I said it once, I'll say it again....last year was a great year for JG, but a lot of it was sort of fluky. His ERA and WHIP this year will be lower than they are now eventually, but they will be more along the lines of his career numbers, NOT what we saw last year.

I got ripped in the offseason for saying he had a fluke year

All I can say is that hopefully a west coast team wants Garland after this season if he continues to pitch like this.

Publicly admitting that you don't have it, come on Garland, MAN THE f*** UP.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ May 17, 2006 -> 08:09 PM)

I said it all offseason, and I'll continue to say it :P

He's not a great pitcher. He's average. Lets not pretend he's something else.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 17, 2006 -> 06:09 PM)
Gotta give credit to the Tampa guys on their homer though. They're not trying to pull everything at the plate right now.

Good maybe we'll try to get some hits, because a bunch of our outs/hits have been up the middle or the other way. We must be taking the good approach!

QUOTE(Jimbo @ May 17, 2006 -> 08:11 PM)
ill trade garland for shields and another prospect.

I'd love Shields but fear he will be done in a few years because IMO he's been overworked.