This worries me

sox-r-us

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-home-headlines

After reading that article, I started worrying about what we do in a World Series game.

I know - most of us will be happy if we make it the WS again. But last year, losing Carl was ok for the WS games. But with Thome.....

We better start having Paulie practice 3B or something and we better have the AL win the A/Star game

:gosox3:

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 24, 2006 -> 01:29 AM)
Anyone remember a few years ago when some guy at soxfest asked about Pauly playing 3rd because it worked on his xbox?

Listen...If I can take out an entire base of alien invaders, capture the flag, and run it all the way back to my base, then paulie can play third. Its obvious. XBOX is real world simulation.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 24, 2006 -> 01:29 AM)
Anyone remember a few years ago when some guy at soxfest asked about Pauly playing 3rd because it worked on his xbox?

AWESOME!

Fanboy makes an appearance at soxfest. I've gotta go next year!

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 24, 2006 -> 07:21 AM)
I know that. But that's been years. Konerko will never play a position outside of 1B or DH for the rest of his career.

Exactly. Back in the Dodgers system, he was drafted as a catcher, moved to OF, and then moved to 3B before finally becoming a first basemen.

All of this is fun to talk about but he will never play another position for the rest of his playing days. Unless of course were back in Oakland and Jermaine Dye is playing SS again. Then all bets are off.

QUOTE(rudylaw @ May 24, 2006 -> 08:41 AM)
I remember at the start of the 2000 season, Pauly was at third and Greg Norton was playing first.

This is true, he played 7 games and 58 Innings over there, he also avoided picking up a single error over that 7 game span.

Defense wins championships. Hate to lose the bat for the first 5-6 innings but I would much rather have the infield intact than have monkey around with finding a place to play Thome.

Interesting question is who bats third. Right now, I would put AJP there and let Dye stay at 5. Move every body else up one slot and Ps bat in the 9 hole, ofcourse.

Pods

Gooch

AJP

Konerko

Dye

Crede

Uribe

Anderson/Mac

Pitcher

Looking at it, maybe move Uribe up and Crede down one. Hmmm....

Edited by My Dixie Normus