Official Get Jermaine Dye to start the ALL Star game Thread

rangercal

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm worried that the starting lineup will be so infested with yanks and redsox that there will be room for only one whitesock on the team

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 5, 2006 -> 11:52 AM)
I have an all sox ballot :D

although not as big in numbers, prolly hypocritical to be voting for uribe at this point :bang

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 06:21 PM)
Wow, I think I broke the system. Suddenly, for no apparent reason, it started giving me the exact same confirmation code like 20 times in a row. Then like 10 votes later, it decided my name was Colin Tremblay and I was born in 1992 (I even got Colin Tremblay's email address and zip code filled in.)

That happened to me too, but my "name" was Charles Kuntz. Sounds like a Moe Syzlack prank-call-name to me. :P

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 08:07 PM)
That happened to me too, but my "name" was Charles Kuntz. Sounds like a Moe Syzlack prank-call-name to me. :P

Scary thing? I went to High School/College with a Charles Kuntz (Chesterton, Indiana)

I was talking to a friend last week who was outraged at the current results of the the All-Star game. He then decided to write an email to Brooks Boyer asking if there was anything Brooks can do to help get more ballots.

So today, he recieved a box with about 10,000+ ballots in it. :lolhitting so there's 10,000 more votes for Dye

just a FYI in case anyone else has A LOT of free time to punch the votes to get those Sox numbers up.

Sox fans might actually be better served voting for the guys that are closest to getting in that aren't Sox/Yanks. Chances are they actually deserve it, and if Ozzie wants to take all Sox, then he'll have less of the other teams to represent.

I doubt any of our Sox will start, but we can help push some of the other guys in creating room for our guys.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 11:50 PM)
Sox fans might actually be better served voting for the guys that are closest to getting in that aren't Sox/Yanks. Chances are they actually deserve it, and if Ozzie wants to take all Sox, then he'll have less of the other teams to represent.

I doubt any of our Sox will start, but we can help push some of the other guys in creating room for our guys.

I don't know how we can sit there as fans and want our team to have a winning attitude at all times even if they are outmatched. When we don't have one ourselves in balloting. I count over 5 people in this thread giving up before anything really started.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 11:54 PM)
I don't know how we can sit there as fans and want our team to have a winning attitude at all times even if they are outmatched. When we don't have one ourselves in balloting. I count over 5 people in this thread giving up before anything really started.

Depends if our Sox players are making any growth versus the leaders. I'm voting Sox, but if a guy like Miggy makes it, for arguments sake, that's one less team that will need to be repped on the bench.

Keep up the good work guys. Hopefully if we get these guys close enough, other teams will jump on the bandwagon to push these boys up over the top of the heap.

Has anyone tried contacting some of the National League team sites to work on some alliances (for lack of a better expression)? That might be a good idea as well.

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Jun 5, 2006 -> 02:07 AM)
EDIT: Also, if serious for voting for Dye, it may be wise to vote for two other crappy outfielders. Since you have to vote for 3, don't want to raise the count of those ahead of him

my bf said the same thing, and I realized he is right!

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 03:00 PM)
Keep up the good work guys. Hopefully if we get these guys close enough, other teams will jump on the bandwagon to push these boys up over the top of the heap.

Has anyone tried contacting some of the National League team sites to work on some alliances (for lack of a better expression)? That might be a good idea as well.

Didn't we do that last year with, of all teams, Houston? :lol:

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 11:15 AM)
Didn't we do that last year with, of all teams, Houston? :lol:

I can't remember who it was with. I was thinking Boston to keep a Yankee off, but I could be wrong.

I know there are Reds, Tigers, Twins, and Marlins fans at least on here, there has got to be SOMETHING we can do. There is definately more strength in numbers.