Tigers @ White Sox, Game Thread

NYSox35

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 01:42 AM)
You are living in lala land. You can't just pick out a player and say, oh, let's go get him because we need a center fielder badly. Baseball doesn't work like that. Teams are asking an arm and a leg for everything. There is a reason you dont see any trades going down right now.

Or maybe it's because most contending teams don't have absolutely glaring holes this early in the season. I'm pretty sure la la land is thinking that things are fine with what we currently have out there.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 08:41 PM)
I've said it countless times before, not having Anderson in centerfield hurts us...a lot.

True, think about it this way, a defensive player potentially impacts every single play. The impact of a guy that is an automatic out does not have that type of imapct. I'm sorry there isn't anything better right now, but Anderson needs to be out there the majority of the time.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 06:43 PM)
Or maybe it's because most contending teams don't have absolutely glaring holes this early in the season. I'm pretty sure la la land is thinking that things are fine with what we currently have out there.

Are you serious in thinking that most contending teams don't have holes? Hell, the Yankees spend $210 million a year and they still have f***ing gaping holes on their team.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 11:38 AM)
I don't know why I'm going to argue this, because everything you're going to say is "it's a no-win situation because we'll complain either way," but here I go. Cora sent two of the slowest guys on the team in situations where they would be gunned out. These were ridiculously obvious choices. I could understand if it's someone with speed, or if our guys weren't so f***ing far away from the plate. Those were terrible decisions and they were waving wallyesque.

How do you know Crede would have been thrown out last night? Gomez ain't exactly an all - star out in LF, and doesn't have the greatest defense and arm out there by all reports.

Cora likes to be aggressive because it puts pressure on the fielder to make the play. If Crede is held at third, and doesn't score, it's still a 3-3 game, and we could have very well lost last night.

You take the good with the bad, but in no way is Joey Cora as bad as Wally was.

I'm glad to hear the fans booing Garland. He deserves every bit of it. I also hope they let Mackowiak hear it when he comes up to bad.

No reason to play Mack against lefties. Might as well put Pods in center and Ozuna in LF. Mack has looked like s*** against lefties all year.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 01:44 AM)
Are you serious in thinking that most contending teams don't have holes? Hell, the Yankees spend $210 million a year and they still have f***ing gaping holes on their team.

And they have guys in the minors they can call up to possibly fill that role. WE HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO ONE. KW traded our one possible CF replacement, and basically put all his eggs in the Anderson basket.

I have a feeling the Tigers may not be done tonight. That inning has woken them up I think. We were 1 for 20 with RISP in scoring position before that inning, and look what happened. Not to toot my own horn here, but if that's any indication, it could get ugly fast.

Edited by tigerfan

Guest JimH
You are living in lala land. You can't just pick out a player and say, oh, let's go get him because we need a center fielder badly. Baseball doesn't work like that. Teams are asking an arm and a leg for everything. There is a reason you dont see any trades going down right now.

JPhat007,

Please stop making sense, fathom does not want to hear it right now. :bang

That said, this inning is a perfect example of how NOT to play good fundamental baseball. This is worse than a spring training game, it is embarassing.

The White Sox announcers have been pointedly critical, rightfully so.

Unawareness, lack of attention to detail, poor execution, cluelessness, mental letdowns ... it's all happened in this inning. What an ugly display, they need their ass chewed out for some of the things that occured.

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 06:45 PM)
JG is a 5th starter at best , I am tired of all the excuses for Garland he SUCKS besides 1 good contract yr, time to call a spade a spade. :puke

Yes, he sucks right now, but that doesn't change the fact that last year wasn't his contract year. He earned a contract by pitching well last year, he wasn't a FA at the end of the year though.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 07:44 PM)

It's insane. I couldn't even believe what I was reading.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 08:44 PM)
I'm glad to hear the fans booing Garland. He deserves every bit of it. I also hope they let Mackowiak hear it when he comes up to bad.

i hope gar goes out to pitch the next inning and gets pulled. i wanted hit to get booed sooooo bad, real bad

I have a feeling the Tigers may not be done tonight. That inning has woken them up I think. We were 1 for 20 with RISP in scoring position before that inning, and look what happened. Not to toot my own horn here, but if that's any indication, it could get ugly fast.

This is trolling people.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 01:45 AM)
JPhat007,

Please stop making sense, fathom does not want to hear it right now. :bang

How long can we go with such a glaring hole in CF? I must be watching a different game than some people, but it's killing us game after game.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 06:45 PM)
And they have guys in the minors they can call up to possibly fill that role. WE HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO ONE. KW traded our one possible CF replacement, and basically put all his eggs in the Anderson basket.

Their minor leagues are more bare than ours, by a lot. Yes, Cabrera's done better than Anderson, but that's only because BA's been so damn bad. On paper it should have been the other way around.

Edited by Balta1701