HAWKINS?

lemon44

He's having a good year and before his stint with the cubs,he was one of the best set-up men in the game.Even with the cubs before JOBO got hurt he was pretty good.His problems started with being the cubs closer by defult.I think why not he is a free agent at the end of the year so it shouln't take much to get him.

Latroy Hawkins is who i'm talking about.

No. Ex. Cubs. Especially not ones who already have a nasty relationship with the city and its media. All we need is to get one of those guys, have them struggle a little, and then have their minds blow up when all the same media guys come down on them, once again.

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 12:36 PM)
maybe you dont remember the meltdowns he had against the Sox when he was with the Twins

I sure do

Silly Twins fan, he wouldn't be able to melt down against the White Sox if he was pitching for the White Sox!

Nothing about hawkins numbers are impressive. He is allowing too many hits against... when he his good years he would put up a good baa... now that he is getting hit there is no reason to waist time inquiring. We do not need more mediocore pitchers... especially at the price he will come at. One way or another a very good set-up man will need to be traded for before the deadline.... or we are in big troubles.

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 02:36 PM)
maybe you dont remember the meltdowns he had against the Sox when he was with the Twins

I sure do

the only meltdowns I recall are when he started against the Sox. I rarely remember him having meltdowns when he was the set-up man for Guardado. He seemed pretty automatic to me back then, of course the Twins were spanking the Sox left and right.....

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 06:41 AM)
Nothing about hawkins numbers are impressive. He is allowing too many hits against... when he his good years he would put up a good baa... now that he is getting hit there is no reason to waist time inquiring. We do not need more mediocore pitchers... especially at the price he will come at. One way or another a very good set-up man will need to be traded for before the deadline.... or we are in big troubles.

Well I think you have to look at the situation that he's with a new team, and Leo Mazzone the new pitching coach hasn't had the effect the Baltimore hierachy were hoping for on that team's pitching. IIRC only the Royals or D-Rays have a higher ERA in the A.L this season.

The thing I would be worried about with him though, he has a 6.97 ERA in 13 away games this season. That doesn't really bode well if he does move away from Camden.

But he's a guy I could see having success here.