Angled Seats .......... How does everyone feel about them?

Hangar18

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jun 19, 2006 -> 12:57 PM)
Heh heh. Its funny, Im not as big a proponent of Green Seats as some SOX fans are, I cared more about the angle. Again, there are guys who HATE the whole blueseat thing, didnt matter all that much to me. Funny that Cincy has all red seats there

Yeah, shocking.

:D :P

I find the whole seat thing pretty hilarious, actually.

To me, a seat only matters to my big ass. I don't care about the color or the angle - well, the seat SHOULD face the field ( :D ) - I've had seats all over USCF and I've enjoyed the game in each of them.

For the 2003 All-Star Game I had a seat that's no longer there, waaaaaaaaay up and waaaaaaaaaaay down the left-field line (section 555). Had a wonderful time, and the sight lines were nowhere near as bad as you'd believe from the hype.

What I did have a problem with was that blue toilet bowl cover of a roof USCF was originally built with.

I am SO glad that's gone - looking at that thing every day on the train downtown was depressing.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 11:16 AM)
I thought for sure I was going to see DJ "is an idiot" or "who cares about seat angles" "we just won series, do you complain about everything?" or "Dj never said that" responses, heh heh

Most members here don't need to be beat in the head 5,392 times with the same things over and over and over again to get a point.

Most members here don't need to be beat in the head 5,392 times with the same things over and over and over again to get a point.

Right.

Sometimes just 5,391 does it :bang

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jun 19, 2006 -> 11:26 AM)
Was watching the game on Saturday, right at the beginning of the game, the camera is doing a Wide Pan of the park, from right to left. DJ and Hawk were commenting on the park, when DJ says its a very pretty ballpark, one of the nicer ones hes seen. Hawk mentions something about all the fans (as if to CUE the WGN cameras to find a SOX fan to focus on-they didnt) when DJ mentions that he loves how the seats

down the lines, are "angled towards the pitchers mound and the infield as opposed towards the outfield"

and that he really liked that, Hawked simply nodded in agreement.

So in your very first post, you complain that the seats aren't angled. Now you quote DJ commenting about how nice it is that the seats are angled. What the hell are you talking about Cartman?

QUOTE(zach61 @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 02:08 PM)
So in your very first post, you complain that the seats aren't angled. Now you quote DJ commenting about how nice it is that the seats are angled. What the hell are you talking about Cartman?

someone tell me this guy didnt just ask this question .........

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jun 19, 2006 -> 05:57 PM)
Heh heh. Its funny, Im not as big a proponent of Green Seats as some SOX fans are, I cared more about the angle. Again, there are guys who HATE the whole blueseat thing, didnt matter all that much to me. Funny that Cincy has all red seats there

Yeah, funny -- a team named the REDS has RED seats. :banghead

Have you been to the Whitesox.com message boards? They seem perfect for you...

Sheesh.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 02:09 PM)

He did.

Want to tell us why you are so rude?

I know you've spent most of your time defending your stupid media watch, but around here most people respect others enough to correct them rather than s*** on them.

61, DJ was referring to the seats in Cincy.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 02:28 PM)
Yeah, funny -- a team named the REDS has RED seats. :banghead

Whats so funny about the Reds having "red" seats? The Funny FUNNY FUNNY

thing, is that here in chicago, having blue seats sparked a debate that went for months

about "tradition" and which called for Green Seats to be used in baseball parks not blue.

I found it "funny" that the Reds had "red" seats for this reason. Im sorry if I offended some with my

laughing about that, people DIDNT think that was funny. Im sure Red Fans would laugh if they

knew what SOX fans discussed regarding seat colors.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 02:09 PM)

I apologize. I wasn't paying attention to which game you were referring to because I though I read somewhere that you were going to be at the games in Cincy this weekend and you wouldn't have heard DJ on TV then if you were at the game.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 02:30 PM)
He did.

Want to tell us why you are so rude?

I know you've spent most of your time defending your stupid media watch, but around here most people respect others enough to correct them rather than s*** on them.

61, DJ was referring to the seats in Cincy.

No problem about being rude. I'm used to it and deserved a slam for not reading the post correctly. I read his response and then got down to yours before going back to re-read the post about DJ's comments. Oops. I guess I miss that corg guy to remind us about reading. I forget his exact line though.

QUOTE(zach61 @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 03:28 PM)
I apologize. I wasn't paying attention to which game you were referring to because I though I read somewhere that you were going to be at the games in Cincy this weekend and you wouldn't have heard DJ on TV then if you were at the game.

No problem about being rude. I'm used to it and deserved a slam for not reading the post correctly. I read his response and then got down to yours before going back to re-read the post about DJ's comments. Oops. I guess I miss that corg guy to remind us about reading. I forget his exact line though.

I apologize also then, I thought you were just trying to slam me for the seat comment

QUOTE(My Dixie Normus @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 12:55 PM)
I sat in sec. 110 row 25 a week ago (Right field corner). You can keep them. We were 4 seats off the isle and missed most of the game because of all the traffic up and down the isle. Eventually, we moved out to the outfield which is the best seat in the house, IMO. If you sit in the first 15 rows of 159 - 163, you have a great seat plus no disrupted view.

I can't say this enough: Please need to sit down and watch the flippin' game.

This is my biggest complaint about these areas... and it is the same people every five minutes getting up to get s***. :banghead

QUOTE(Linnwood @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 04:24 AM)
I can't say this enough: Please need to sit down and watch the flippin' game.

This is my biggest complaint about these areas... and it is the same people every five minutes getting up to get s***. :banghead

Its one of the biggest reasons I moved to the Club level several years ago. It amazes me how much money people spend at baseball games. They spend the majority of their time at concession and souvenir stands, and then walk back blocking your view when you want to watch a game. There are at least a few people that realize they are inconveniencing people standing in the aisle, but most just don't care. The other problem is if you happen to sit on an aisle, the people in the middle of the section have to buy something from every vendor in the park. You spend a lot of time passing money, beer, hot dogs, cotton candy, and sodas around.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 07:27 AM)
Its one of the biggest reasons I moved to the Club level several years ago. It amazes me how much money people spend at baseball games. They spend the majority of their time at concession and souvenir stands, and then walk back blocking your view when you want to watch a game. There are at least a few people that realize they are inconveniencing people standing in the aisle, but most just don't care. The other problem is if you happen to sit on an aisle, the people in the middle of the section have to buy something from every vendor in the park. You spend a lot of time passing money, beer, hot dogs, cotton candy, and sodas around.

Most are casual fans and don't realize the uptight assholes trying to watch the game - myself included.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 07:27 AM)
The other problem is if you happen to sit on an aisle, the people in the middle of the section have to buy something from every vendor in the park. You spend a lot of time passing money, beer, hot dogs, cotton candy, and sodas around.

I sit on the aisle, and theres definitely a pro and con about sitting on the aisle.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 09:17 AM)
I sit on the aisle, and theres definitely a pro and con about sitting on the aisle.

Theres a pro and con to every single task, decision, or path you choose in our life. I enjoy sitting on the aisle, God forbid I have to hand some dude a hotdog and a beer.